Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Sparkys Collision

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2013 04:56
Using the example that comes with sparkys library.

I loaded a terrain No problems with collision/jumping etc.

Loaded 4-5 buildings made it look somewhat like a town. With spaces in-between them all.

My player starts 30-40 feet away from them.

When I get about 15 feet from the buildings, It wont let me go pass that point.

It is like that all the way around them. Like there is a giant box all the way around blocking me. Tried to adjust the radius but no go. Not sure how to make the collision smaller so I can walk in between them.

Thank you if someone has any knowledge into why this may be happening, Or experienced it them selfs.

.:: Http://DeanWorks.Ca ::.
My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
Kretaner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2013 10:17 Edited at: 5th Sep 2013 10:17
Hi,
had the same problems. Found out, that scaling of the models is not working yet.
You have to load and use the models in original size. If you have to scale something, it must be done before loading with a 3d model editor.
Juggalo Memnoch
Years of Service
User Offline
You can scale the models with DarkGDK + Sparky's you just have to have the process in a specific order, with a couple more lines...

Example:

Also to help you can use SC_DrawObjectBounds ( ObjID ) to see the collision for whatever object you want

Hope that helps

GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2013 02:11
you all rock thanks for the info will test it out later and let you know how it works have not been around the forums pass couple days

GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2013 11:05
Worked great thank you, One question. Is there any way to scale the collision some of the buildings have over heads, But it seems to block that also. Or would it be better to use cubes and or planes instead around the buildings on the parts I don't want to be able to go through?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:18:33
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:18:33