Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2013 20:45 Edited at: 11th Sep 2013 20:46
Hi,

A quick time saving tool for any developer, be they game makers, or website writers. A Color Selector allows you to quickly find the colour you need with the touch of a control. It will display both RGB and HEX values ready for you to use.

On top that that, the application provides an immersive visual experience, this app changes a dynamic animated background, provides multicoloured bubbles and shadowing. Giving you a better impression of what your animated game or program may look like while moving, and when compared to a range of other colours.

Download today for free on Google Play

It's saved me plenty of time, I hope it will do the same for you.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2013 21:07
A nice app!

But my device gave me fits trying to submit a review. The keyboard hid the ok/cancel buttons and I guessed wrong the first time. So the review is just the stars and a one line title.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Daniel TGC
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2013 21:20
It is much appreciated, thank you.
AgentSam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2013 15:18 Edited at: 13th Sep 2013 15:19
Wouldn't a color-selector app like this be much more suitable as a source code example, rather than as a downloadable binary of any kind (free, paid or otherwise).

I don't really see how this would save time for any developer - as a developer we have a multitude of color selectors we can use, or make by ourselves -- which either place the hex-color code directly into our code, or into the clipboard; rather than using a mobile device to lookup a hex-color, and then typing it manually into our code.

That's why I feel that this would better serve the community as a source code example. Others may feel differently.

Cheers,
AgentSam
Scary Little Rabbit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2013 22:30
I agree with AgentSam, but if it useful for you, Daniel, you can do it better with another three sliders - HSV.

grab some code, if you use AppGameKit T1:

error #1:
"too many stars, too many stares. disembody."
WIP: MIND!! | free fonts for your AGKs
Daniel TGC
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2013 00:08 Edited at: 14th Sep 2013 00:09
Over the last 2 months I've been co-developing a complete programming course for K12 School Students, Post-secondary and university students who want to break into app development. We are using App Game Kit as a basis for this, because we can take the student through basic programming concepts and practicalities, then into a full C++ development environment in the future.

This course has an associated qualification with a professional industry body, taking AppGameKit beyond a simple hobbies market and into a professional application design and production industry. This effectively means knowing AppGameKit Tier 1 becomes an employable skill set.

The apps I am releasing are compiled and released code examples that appear in the course. This is mostly for marketing so students can get an idea of what they will be making, and learning as the course goes on. A "you could be making this too" general marketing push.

In addition to this, I am creating a series of small support utilities. While both of you might be experienced enough to know the RGB values needed for a program, you can't expect a total novice with no programming experience to have the same kind of developed instinct. Therefore being able to find the color codes they need at a moments notice is very useful.
Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2013 01:01
Here's some code I wrote for the same thing, free to use and adapt for your own programs. I used it in Particle Sandbox to set particle colors.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=193182&b=48

Daniel TGC
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2013 02:51
Gee that's nice, I spend time writing and app, release it for free and the lot of you post source code examples on the thread. This is a showcase guys, talk about the app please not your own projects.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:20:44
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:20:44