Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Peregrine Beta Version

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2003 22:51
Hi everyone. I know the taster version was a bit bugged and was hard to download. I was wondering whether it was worth the effort to post a beta version with a few more levels (not made with a random level generator this time) so that you can judge the game on something a little more substantial. If you like this idea, please tell me. Also let me know if theres's anything you'd like me to put in it.

thanx for your time.

Click image to see screenshots...
walaber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2003 02:15
i`d like to see it... i never could get the old one to download...
Northern Fist
Years of Service
User Offline
No image is being displayed.

"Power, precision, and don't forget about speed. If you practice everyday with these things in mind... you begin to develope A FIGHTING MODE." - Fist of Legend (Jet Li)
Magpie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2003 19:33
Yeah I know. And I think the last download link works on the downloading page (Galaxyware Forum) so you can see it if you like.

The image doesn't work because angelfire kicked me off. It must be that they don't like hosting images because that's literally the only thing I did with the account.

Click image to see screenshots...
Magpie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2003 19:40
Two birds with one stone!

Currently, I've got five demo levels lined up (they're quite cool actually) for the beta version. I'm gonna get pro because my exremely outdated DarkBasic version will only support bitmaps (and gives inexplicable errors)

The level format has expanded since the taster - there are now fifteen rows (or columns) and the Elastic Camera follows the ship around (unless the ship lands on a change-camera-mode block)

Powerups now feature in most levels.

http://thehobbit.mine.nu/PereTaste.zip
Download Peregrin Taster here.
feiting
Years of Service
User Offline
file not found

He who does not take the assassin job, will get killed by one who does.
Hell IVIonkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2003 12:38 Edited at: 28th Nov 2003 12:39
Sorry, I'm having a few server issues ATM. If it's up, it should be mirrored at:
http://ceriand.ath.cx/~bryce/hobbit/PereTaste.zip
Likewise, the file upload URL should be modified in the same fashion as above.

I don't have time to download right now, but is this a new build? If so, I wanna play!

Magpie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2003 18:50
Sorry, it's not a new build. But I have an excellent version running. I've started to build a five-level demo pack to show what the engine can do. It will feature:

* Powerups: Godlike, Power & Saviour - see galaxyware forum
* 25 row level format: HUGE!
* Clouds: nine different colour tints
* Breakers: One of my favourite peices of scenery. A concrete (or five other textures) sphere slightly bigger than a normal 10x10x10 block, which floats in space like breakers in the sea. Can be fitted with a floodlight emitted from the top.
* Pillars: you can see these in Peregrine Taster
* Faster reloading: it used to build the level again. Now it just takes you to the start.
* Some of my favourite levels! Anyone who liked any of the chimerdoon roads or Europa will love these!

I hope to get a site (please tell me how!) soon, where I'll host news about my progress and can feature some of my best shots.

Ps, I'm up to V0.4 currently. There is an editor that works pretty well. If you'd like me to get that downloadable just tell me.

Thanx.

http://thehobbit.mine.nu/PereTaste.zip
Download Peregrin Taster here.
Magpie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2003 19:18
Get the taster version here!

Hell IVIonkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2003 22:55
Something to check out would be http://www.dbpcommunity.com. This should make web hosting a lot easier for you.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 00:24:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 00:24:03