Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Stupid battle menu...lol- help!

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2002 05:39
OK- heres whats happening. I am making my battle menu with a cursor, but when I press the down button, the cursor moves down, then jumps right back up. How would I make it so if I press the down button, the cursor moves down to the next line of text. Here is my code:

If you need a further explination, I can give one. Gotta go to bed now,
Thanks in advance,
RPGamer
Upcoming RPG: Eternal Destiny : Help Wanted!
Http://halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2002 05:58
The value for your sprite location is Y. When you press up and ONLY when you press up, Y will be 22 less. You never actually change the value of Y, you just use it in a math operation. It would work if you used an = command to store a new variable to Y.

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2002 15:10
Ugh, still not working. The cursor moves down, but when I release the key, it goes back up. I am trying to get it so when you press the downkey, the cursor goes down, when you release it, it stays there. Here is my code now::

Note I included the commands in the main loop. This is how I got the cursor to stay there until the key is released. Could someone help? Please? Thanks Quoth for your help, it got me a step further.
RPGamer

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2002 15:34
Well, here is what I have now, while the cursor is at the top of the menu, then you cant go up. Still, if I press down, it goes down, but goes up when released.

Ugh, getting frustrating.

Later
RPGamer

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2002 16:51
HA HA !! I DID IT!!! HA HAHA HA! Well, I used some code, edited it a little, but now its PERFECT!

Yay! It works! Now- onto submenus!!!!
Later
RPGamer

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 11:44:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 11:44:57