Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / iOS 7 installed

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2013 21:43
I just installed iOS 7 and XCode 5.
Now I get this error

No architectures to compile for
(ARCHS=armv7armv7,VALID_ARCHS=armv7).

What has changed ?
( still use agk 1.78 i think )

regards
Joachim
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2013 22:01 Edited at: 30th Sep 2013 22:03
Xcode changed and Apple has made our lives all the more difficult. They have even removed all site references to XCode 4 and iOS 6. So we can't see the documentation or help pages associated with them.

If you aren't using the v108 betas, then you probably have v1076, the 'official' release. I don't recognize 'v1.78'.

Until someone at TGC tries to work with this, we are stuck and need to stick with Xcode 4 to build AppGameKit apps.

And I suspect that Xcode 4 won't talk to an iOS 7 device.

And, once you have updated to iOS 7, you are stuck with it. Apple won't let you downgrade back to iOS 6 once you have passed the 'grace period'. I think that is only a few days. And downgrading appears to be related to having a jail broken iDevice before you upgraded.

Which is why I have not allowed any of the iOS devices I have access to (mine and my husbands) that are used for testing to update to iOS 7.

I am currently reading an article about iOS 7 making people sick. Something along the lines of sea sickness.

Nope, I don't plan to update until absolutely forced to and TGC has AppGameKit projects that will build in Xcode 5.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
joachim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2013 01:59
I updated my iPhone5 and my iPad to iOS 7.
What do I do now ?
How long will it take for TGC to have AppGameKit work
on iOS 7, do you know ?

Cheers
Joachim
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2013 02:50
Quote: "How long will it take for TGC to have AppGameKit work"

No idea.

That is why I am waiting until I see that they have updated AppGameKit to support Xcode 5 before I update any of my test devices or Xcode.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Unjust1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2013 04:48
I haven't had any problems with it, on iOS7 and xcode 5 using agk-1.78. Other than having to add more icons to support the new iOS. Did you include armv6 in your supported architectures? I don't remember 1078 ever supporting armv7, but I could be wrong?
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2013 16:31
As far as I know, there is AppGameKit v1076 and v10819 as the current published and beta versions. Where did you get anything that is v178?

v108+ supports armv7 and armv7s.

Joachim, I finally looked more closely at your post. You showed 'ARCHS=armv7armv7,VALID_ARCHS=armv7'. If that is correct, then the problem is that your ARCHS is 'armv7armv7' and that should be 'armv7' only.

What I do in my projects is have two strings in Valid Architectures - 'armv7' and 'armv7s' and then set Architectures to have one string '$(VALID_ARCHS)'. That way I only have to change one thing to affect both.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Unjust1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2013 21:34
You are correct, 1076, sorry about that. I haven't started using 108 yet. I was hoping for a stable release first, but it seems like tgc is more concerned with agk v2 now.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2013 22:10
I think v10819 is probably about as stable as it gets. There are some things people are having some issues with. But people have also been publishing with the 108 betas as well.

I think TGC will fix any major bug in V1, if it can be repeated.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2013 03:15
Im publishing with 108.19 lite with some trick suggested from paul to avoid rejection.
All go fine at the moment.

Long life to Steve!
tornado
Years of Service
User Offline
Still on 108.12, approved ok with iOS7 support
Gekko, sorry, what was the trick for .19?

xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2013 14:45
Apple don't want AdMob anymore.
So i don't include it using the direct declaration as an empty object.
Of course i never call it.

Long life to Steve!
madboy007
Years of Service
User Offline
i wanna install ios 7 too!

hi
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2013 13:29
madboy007, before you update your device to iOS 7, try it on someone else's device and see what you think.

A lot of people I know really do not like the new iOS 7 interface (and I agree).

Of course, a lot of people I don't know probably do like it.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
erebusman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2013 03:43
I have the same problem but I've stayed on 1076 because AppGameKit has constantly been in beta since then (no stable release lines for about a year + right??) and every time one "looks" stable I see someone post a bug about bad framerates or other things that make me question using it over 1076.

I'm willing to upgrade to get an iOS 7 app published but I already upgraded to Mavericks and XCode 5 so I'm stuck until AppGameKit upgrades also.

@ xGEKKOx ; what trick that paul suggested? Please share??

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2013 03:49
v10819 is now considered 'out of beta'. Even if it still has some issues.

If you had a working AppGameKit Xcode project for iOS 6, it should also work for iOS 7. I really didn't have to do much at all (mostly let it update its settings as it wanted) for my existing projects.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
erebusman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2013 05:13
@Ancient Lady; I should clarify ; my project actually works and runs on my iDevices for testing. What doesn't work is Xcode complains I have non-public libraries? when I attempt to upload it to Apple (sorry away from my Mac right now or I'd get the exact message)

erebusman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2013 06:37
Argh so frustrated.

So what happened was I was trying to build Pirates Jewels II and had a few XCode errors while doing so.

I fixed all those until it worked on my iPad.

Then I attempted to upload to the App Store and got more errors about my certificates (they were legimiately expired).

So I updated my certs.

Then I got errors about the non-public library errors I mentioned previously .. and I couldnt figure those out so quit for the evening.

Tonight I deleted my certs and distribution profiles and re-downloaded them and cleaned my project and rebuild and then prepare it for upload.

Then I run the Application Loader and get

Which doesnt make much sense as I have a provisioning profile for distribution freshly generated and my certificate is a fresh one also.

I deleted my cert from keychain access and reimported it (as well as cleared out my old expired one) and still have the same problem.

Googling seems to indicate that there could be some bug apple had with your package name but those work arounds arent working for me. So stuck at the moment on an entirely different problem ... but at least I don't think its anything about AppGameKit at this point (good!)

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2013 13:34
This might be a dumb question. But did you create the provisioning profile (and other bits that I can't think of off hand) for publication? This is different than the one for development and testing.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
erebusman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2013 18:50
@ancientlady : yeah I did... I thought perhaps xcode was remembering the development one so I deleted them all out and redidnwith my release/distribution build.

I'm just realizing I'm effectively highjacking this thread so I'm going to post my own thread if I have more problems. Sorry for the hi-jack!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 17:25:04
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 17:25:04