Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / New Modelpack Poll

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2013 21:41
Hey Folks!

I hope its okay to post this as this is not a direct work in progress per se... its more trying to figure out what you folks would like to have as a next modelpack.

I know I promised to do a new Cyberpunk pack but I don't feel like working in that genre right now and I'm certainly not going to force myself doing anything because of yesterdays speeches.
I will however release 2 freebies in that direction soon!

What I had in mind are 3 great genres for the next pack. All 3 have the same appeal to me so I figured why not just go ahead and see what you people needed the most.

Pack 1: The prehistoric fantasy pack.

A set to create a prehistoric sort of fantasy game. Mammoth-bone huts, rock segments, cave entities, spears, wooden structures, some mythological stuff. Plants/trees etc. That sorta thing.

Pack 2 Lovecraft Pack

Wierd architecture with a strong alien vibe going on. The nightmare corpse city of R'lyeh. Because here he dwells, dead but dreaming!

Pack 3: Distant Future Fantasy Pack

Atlantean style fantasy pack. Forgotten past cultures or distant future technology. Your pick! A clean scifipack for your less conventional setting.

I'll be giving this a week and see if there is interest and if so, in what genre.

Thanks for reading.

-Wolf

http://www.serygalacaffeine.com
"absurdity has become necessity"
The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2013 21:48
Now these are some hard choices.

A prehistoric pack would make some interesting games.
Lovecraft sounds very interesting for environments.
Distant future... Not sure what to think honestly.

But I'm stuck between the first two, but I'm leaning towards the second option a little more.

Fulfilling the Nerevarine Prophecy, one trial at a time, because I... Am... The Nerevar!
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2013 23:01
pack 3

mk83 Productions
lotgd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2013 00:52
Pack 1, original...

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2013 01:29
I myself would love to see some Lovecradftian ailen landcsapes with non euclidean geometry architecture.

Model pack 66-99 high quality items...cheap!!
"Who loves ya baby!"
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2013 01:58
Lovecraft.

gamer, lover, filmmaker
VindiKator
Years of Service
User Offline
The prehistoric pack with a lot of homes, Dinosaur skeletons, camp homo sapiens ... yes it is original!
The Lovecraft pack, I would see it: the Necronomicon, a few ancient documents with strange writing (ink blood?), Furniture and media for years 1900/1940 (the time of HP Lovecraft) ... that would appeal to me a lot too!
The pack scifi ... I'm not a fan of this type of game even though I love science fiction movies!

PixelF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2013 06:06 Edited at: 6th Oct 2013 06:07
Pack 2 sounds interesting.

www.pixeleater.me
Register now to become a reasonably intelligent human being!
Lafette
Years of Service
User Offline
moin

I would suggest as pack 1, I'm curious, no, I am convinced, because what comes across great. This themed shelf is still relatively empty. Good luck ...
yrkoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Although one may be tempted to jump to the Lovecraft pack - and you, Wolf, in my view are THE designer here I would trust to be able to output something that really can live up to the Lovecraftian ideal, I have my doubts whether anything useful can be done with it in FPSC.

Especially "Shooting" is pretty much useless against most (if not all) enemies in Lovecraft's stories - and, often they are really huge.

Another typical trait of Lovecraftian stories seems to be that the horror typically creeps slowly onto the reader, whereas FPSC Levels usually don't last too long each.

(Nevertheless, I probably will buy such a pack, should you create it, just for the beauty of it.)

So, in effect, my vote rather goes to both the other packs, with a preference for the distant future pack.

Lives of great men all remind us we may make our lives sublime
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2013 13:21
I was steered more towards the distant future pack as it gives a lot more poetic justice and freedom to create some truly awe inspiring models. However, I think the prehistoric pack would be a true gem.

Look forward to seeing your choice. It will be a tough one as it seems like the folks here are pretty evenly spread.

Jay

maxiqueen123
Years of Service
User Offline
Pack 2 it reminds me "Peace Love"carft" one Unity"

beacouse its names Lovecraft

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size.
elbow
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Wolf

I agree with unfamillia - if you feel inspired or imaginative, the distant future/past pack will allow you the freedom to dream up concepts and architecture unknown to man.

If you do not feel inspired, then the prehistoric pack can be created without much imagination and can be a very useful for an adrenalin-rushing scary game.

Which one will sell better? I don't know.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2013 14:17 Edited at: 8th Oct 2013 14:18
All good packs.

I like the future personally but that does not matter and if I had a lot of time to make games I would make some different types perhaps.

Prehistoric could be great and even make a lot of fun games. It may be quite popular too but hard for people perhaps to make them. Dinos, cave men with bone or club weapons, trolls whatever all kinds of realistic or fantasy fun stuff.

Pirates might be good but how complex could that be? Ships/Boats? Water? Weapons, Treasure?

Hardest part I would think for the game maker are the Characters and the lack of them - always?

Mind boggling.

After asking I would do what you are comfortable and happy with. I am sure it will be great whatever you do.

There are those that said this day would never come. What have they to say now?
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2013 18:06 Edited at: 8th Oct 2013 18:09
@The Nerevar:
Quote: "Now these are some hard choices."

Indeed my dunmer friend! Thats why I started this thread.

Quote: "
But I'm stuck between the first two, but I'm leaning towards the second option a little more."

I take that into the poll then

@Disturbing 13:
Quote: "non euclidean geometry architecture."
Thats exactly why I'm interested in making such a pack. Altough I'm also aware that attempting this can horribly backfire

@Vindikator:
Quote: "The Lovecraft pack, I would see it: the Necronomicon, a few ancient documents with strange writing (ink blood?), Furniture and media for years 1900/1940 (the time of HP Lovecraft) ... that would appeal to me a lot too!"

You must know that I wouldn't add any furniture. (I had it with furniture after I completed Modelpack 77 ) Its primarily to create alien/old ones architecture. Knowing this, do you still chose both or more the prehistoric pack?

lafette

Quote: "I would suggest as pack 1, I'm curious, no, I am convinced, because what comes across great. This themed shelf is still relatively empty. Good luck ... "

Its not overdone, altough there are some great indie titles like stone rage.

@Yrkoon:
Quote: "and you, Wolf, in my view are THE designer here I would trust to be able to output something that really can live up to the Lovecraftian ideal"

Thank you!! That means a lot to me!

Quote: " I have my doubts whether anything useful can be done with it in FPSC.
Especially "Shooting" is pretty much useless against most (if not all) enemies in Lovecraft's stories - and, often they are really huge. "

I agree! But there are also many indie devs that try to get a lovecraft vibe going on in their adventure games. Call of cthulu is also one of my favorite games out there.

Furhtermore is the realm of hermaeus mora in the elder scrolls series greatly inspired by lovecraft. I certainly wouldn't advise to make a game based on a lovecraft story, more a game inspired by the ambience he creates.

Quote: "So, in effect, my vote rather goes to both the other packs, with a preference for the distant future pack.
"

I take that into account.

Quote: "Look forward to seeing your choice. It will be a tough one as it seems like the folks here are pretty evenly spread.
"

Me too! I'm equally inspired for all of these. I find that I grew more confident with round shapes since Modelpack 77 and am ready to tackle something more demanding

@elbow
Quote: "I agree with unfamillia - if you feel inspired or imaginative, the distant future/past pack will allow you the freedom to dream up concepts and architecture unknown to man.

If you do not feel inspired, then the prehistoric pack can be created without much imagination and can be a very useful for an adrenalin-rushing scary game."

I take your vote for these 2 packs then I feel inspired for all of these which is why I wasn't able to really choose ^.^

Keep in mind that the prehistoric pack will still be pretty fantasy'ish. Or lets just say: 100% historically inaccurate.

@uman:
Quote: "I like the future personally but that does not matter"

Actually, its a poll, so it does

Quote: " It may be quite popular too but hard for people perhaps to make them."

Its hard to make a good, coherent game out of it, I agree, altough there are some decent ones like the above mentioned StoneRage...and a game designed like peter jacksons king kong (the game) would work well too...and seems like something that might be possible in reloaded.

Quote: "Pirates might be good but how complex could that be? Ships/Boats? Water? Weapons, Treasure?"

I didn't mention pirates Also cosmic prophet made a pretty all-including pirate pack! With characters and a full ship construction kit. There is no way I could live up to this.

Quote: "Hardest part I would think for the game maker are the Characters and the lack of them - always?
"

I could make the characters, but I couldnt rig them all that fast which would make it frustrating for me and I can't animate them. Which is why I never add chars to my packs.

Quote: "After asking I would do what you are comfortable and happy with. I am sure it will be great whatever you do."

I put up the poll because these are all equally interesting to me. I could use them all in my own game and have ideas for all of them.
(ideas, not necessarily good ideas tough ) Also thank you for your confidence in me

So far (if people tend to 2 packs, I added both):

*Prehistoric Fantasy Pack: IIII
*Lovecraftian R'yleh Pack: IIIIII
*Distant Future Pack: IIIII

-Wolf

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2013 23:29 Edited at: 8th Oct 2013 23:36

The Lovecraft is a horror themed dance bar located in sunny (tongue in cheek) Portland, Oregon.
Paying tribute to the world of horror in all of its forms with Lovecraft and classic horror inspired decor.

Expressway to yer Skull

My vote.
A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2013 00:13
Pack 1 or 3.

Don't waste your life
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2013 04:07
Pack 3, myself. We need more good sci-fi stuff.

Yes, I live in Wisconsin. No, I don't live on a farm.
oxid
Years of Service
User Offline
lovecraft forever
Zombie_Expert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2013 01:03
2 ftw

Knowledge of the undead since the age of 4.

Z_E
Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2013 14:27
Another for three!

Gold Falcon
Years of Service
User Offline
I personally think there are too many sci-fi packs, they're so common now where they're boring. What about some more historical packs like WW1, WW2, etc.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2013 20:28
Quote: "I personally think there are too many sci-fi packs, they're so common now where they're boring."

I wouldn't make a regular scifi pack anyway

Quote: "What about some more historical packs like WW1, WW2, etc. "

There are quite a few WW2 packs on sale and a free ww1 trenchkit by cosmic prophet.
Personally, I dislike world war enthusiasts and would hate to "linger" on our species darkest hours. It would not be fun for me to model.

-Wolf

Anubis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2013 11:03
My vote: Pack 3 - Distant Future Fantasy Pack

Grts
Anubis

-+- There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't -+-

[Chipset:X58 CPU:i7.950.64 GPU:HD5970 RAM:12GB DDR3 WIN:7.x64 PRO FPSC:1.20.10]
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2013 12:16
Pack 2 Lovecraft Pack

The process of delving into the black abyss is to me the keenest form of fascination. It is know that searchers after horror haunt strange, far places. But take heed. The most merciful thing in the world... Is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

Remember, when you stare into the abyss. The abyss also stares back at you. Take caution Wolf if you undertake such a journey.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2013 11:51
Alright! I end the poll now. If a mod comes along, he can lock this.

Thank you all for participating

The results:

*Prehistoric Fantasy Pack: IIIII
*Lovecraftian R'yleh Pack: IIIIIIIIII
*Distant Future Pack: IIIIIIIII

@Flatlander: I took that bar promotion as a vote for the 2nd pack I hope thats as it was intended.

Sounds interesting tough. I'd visit if I'm ever in the area...I mean, you never know what the future holds in store.

@fallen one:
Quote: "Take caution Wolf if you undertake such a journey."

And from the poll it looks like I am undertaking such a journey. because the Lovecraft R'yleh Pack has won the poll and will be my next modeling project...aside from spyra that is.

Quote: "a coast-line of mingled mud, ooze, and weedy Cyclopean masonry which can be nothing less than the tangible substance of earth's supreme terror — the nightmare corpse-city of R'lyeh...loathsomely redolent of spheres and dimensions apart from ours"."

-Wolf

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2013 16:01 Edited at: 12th Oct 2013 16:04
cthulu is an awesome idea, would be a huge undertaking doing cthulu itself. mammoth task. gumshoe magic and monsters themed.great idea

i would of suggested a good steampunk vernesque type
or a ninja pack you know the game on ps tenchu

but i would go with cthulu in the end.or just lovecraft.

good call all and have a beer on me wolf

good luck also

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2013 19:09
Quote: "cthulu is an awesome idea, would be a huge undertaking doing cthulu itself"

Don't worry! Just assets, no characters

Quote: "good call all and have a beer on me wolf "

Well! Likewise! Always good to have a reason, eh?

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Well! Likewise! Always good to have a reason, eh? "

indeed got mine here, cheers wolf

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:58:22
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:58:22