Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9]Mob Stories

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2013 23:59
Mob-Stories

Developer: R&J Entertainment http://r-jentertainment.com

Storyline: You are placed in the middle of the biggest mafia war in history. You play as Nicholas Buccieri, a nobody in The Perrino Crime Family, you will rise through the ranks of the family by completiting hits, sabatoging rackets, and sneaking your way to get information to help your family win this war and dominate the Esperanza City rackets.

Description: This is our attempt at creating a mafia first person shooter with the FPS-C Engine. I\\\'ve been lurking on the forums for the past 5 years and never really made any posts but have done a lot of reading, and learning from information gathered here. With the new update and the purchase of my new laptop we felt like we\\\'d finally be able to use the engine to create what we wanted. We\\\'re not trying to create a standard run and gun game with the engine. Our goal is to create a a game where each level is based on something different. Stealth, sabotage, and killing. No-one on my team is a modeler or texture so all the models used in game are purchases from the game store and model packs. Any tips, criticism and feedback is always welcome.

These two screenshots represent an early development build of the game\\\'s first level.

Contact Information: dottdogg@live.com
Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2013 13:00
This game sounds very interesting and appears to be unique among FPSC games. I like the setting very much, it sounds pretty cool. You seem to know where you're at and where you're heading. If this game is done well it could be great fun. There's no rush, but more images and possibly a video down the line would give us something to provide constructive criticism on.

Keep it up,
Burger

- An Instinctive Fear IndieDB page, download the demo today!
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2013 14:41
@Dott Dog,

Those two screen shots are looking really nice. Your entity placement seems well thought out and everything seems to fit well.

My initial thoughts were regarding the skybox. A common issue with 'outdoor' games with FPSC is, it looks a bit sparse. There are no building behind the ones that you have placed. There are skyboxes out there that will fix that. Rolfy has some great skyboxes that are dirt cheap for the quality you get. Or you could get some images of buildings and apply those to some planes to be placed in the background, behind the buildings.

If you require any special models for your game, there are a lot of talented artists on these forums that will always take requests. There is actually a thread for artists that will offer some 'easier' models for free.

I am also a 3D artist, so, if you do need any help, please feel free to contact me.

I will be following your thread, it looks like you have a great game idea.

Jay.

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2013 21:52
i'm very excited for this! it's not often we see games around here that don't involve monsterous creatures with bad AI.

I'm hoping this game will be a blast. the screenshots could use some work, however. by all means, the graphics quality is nice, those are very good looking models, and it uses a fullscreen shader, but the issue is that it's too devoid of any atmosphere. work on using models in a scene that match in colour scheme (or retexture your models so they do) and use colourful lighting, as it is here, it looks too bright and too white. try to have everywhere you look be a great screenshot that expands a lot of the range of value. a good tip would be, for every scene, pick a pair of colours (one warm, one cool) to compliment each other and make up the colour of most of the lighting in the scene. a good example would be a cool dark blue sky painting the road with dusk sunlight and the orange glare of the streetlamps. that scene paints a much more emotionally and artistically appealing scene for storytelling and the overall look of the game, respectively.

I'm nit-picking, but i think some more atmosphere would greatly benefit this game, and make it look way more professional

Hire Me! I model, animate, cook, clean, and texture!
SpaceWurm
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 10th Oct 2013 23:37
Ooh this seems like it could be fun! I agree 100% with Bugsy, graphical quality looks great but lacks atmosphere.

Can't wait to see more.

Landman

Artrift.com - Digital Art Community | MyPixelbox.net - My Creative Blog
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2013 06:02 Edited at: 11th Oct 2013 06:05
I'm definitely keeping an eye on this one. Just checked out the FB page and I see in one of the shots not shown here that you are using a city skybox. It just seems like the buildings in the skybox don't seem high enough. A way to remedy that would be to use the facade models in that pack to cover the blue sky gaps between buildings. Great job and great premise for a game. It's good to see a change of pace. Grab these guys for free to add a bit more detail and atmosphere for your level. 6 pack They were made to work with the buildings you are using. Good luck!

Model pack 66-99 high quality items...cheap!!
"Who loves ya baby!"
Dott Dogg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2013 09:34
Thanks everyone for the feedback! It's a lot harder then we thought it would be to create believable outdoor environments. Especially for a city. We had to really cut down on the size of the district within the city due to the fact that everytime we would compile it for a test build we would get major lighting issues with some of the street segments. I've looked into those skyboxes that Rolfy has made and they are outstanding! I think we'll be making a purchase and use them. We've been working on the just the first district/level for quite sometime now since we do plan on re-using the map for more levels later on in the game. We plan to add more debris, and more entities and civilians who roam the streets and talk. @Bugsy We've taken your advice about the lighting and have been experimenting with different lighting techniques all day. Hopefully we can have some more screenshots of the updated work posted by Sunday.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2013 02:49
make sure you have memory cap off as well. It should give you a bit extra Memory.

"Who loves ya baby!"
DottDogg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2013 23:38
Yeah, I've had the memory cap off for some time now. I'm only getting about 1.4gb on the first level. We couldn't manage to get any screenshots out this weekend. But, we're in a bit of a situation for how to handle cutscenes. We've broken it down to doing it one of two ways. The first way have sort of a comic book with a cell shaded shader over them with words which would involve reading by the player.(See attached) Or having voice actors and creating actual cutscenes. We were hoping to get some input from the community.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
The screenshots look good. A very good placement of the buildings.

If you need any scripts, feel free to ask
I also have some citizens scripts if you need them. That should give your game some life

Make this forum to something a little bit better and release more stuff. So we can push the Request/NoobHelp threads aside.
DottDogg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2013 21:19
Hey everyone! Sorry we haven't had any updates in almost a week. We're still working very hard on this project! We've finally finished cutscenes for the first few levels and are progressing quite nicely with the project. We're hoping to have a demo towards the end of next month. We've contemplated on switching from FPS-C to Reloaded but we're not sure on if we'd be able to carry over all of the assets/model packs and levels we've designed so we're very hesitant about it. Now that the cutscenes are finished we're gonna work on the game menu's, currency system and purchasing weapons and ammo in the game.

@Corno_1 I took a look at the scripts but couldn't find a download link. They would really come in handy a lot for having our citizens act realistic in the city.
Grip Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2013 03:31 Edited at: 20th Oct 2013 03:32
Dude this game looks nice i don't think no one have tempted to make a mob game

*just know keep up the good work*

-Grip Studios-
DottDogg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2013 00:01

Here's a couple of screenshots I managed to take while doing a quick playtest earlier today.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2013 08:51
Great shots keepem coming!

"Who loves ya baby!"
GLaDOS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2013 00:14
Looks great!

~GLaDOS

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 13:10:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 13:10:33