Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Moving Cars And Flying helis?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2013 11:34
Hello to all its me again Grip Studio i wanted to ask how do i get cars to move or follow a waypoint and how could i get a helicopter move also and follow waypoint if anyone knows please explain or if anyone knows scripts i can use please comment.

-Grip Studios-
jono gamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2013 14:13
hi grip studios, I have also asked this question countless times to no avail. nobody knows or if they do they give me some really off topic answer so stick in there and make sure you find out

Tastes like chicken. Too bad its beef.
Grip Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2013 14:24
@jono gamer alright, i hope someone answers because i was waching this video by:Uman(moderator)and he got moving cars and i wanted to know how.

here the videoby:Uman(moderator)
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2013 15:58 Edited at: 13th Oct 2013 16:00
There are a few threads that have helicopters. One thread in particular was this one by Tornado. No guarantees this will work straight out for you- it may or may require some tweaking. It was made in an older version of FPSC.

Cars moving can be done by using waypoints. One thing to remember is that the FPE for the entity must be dynamic and it must contain the "ischaracter=1" line, like this:

The above snippet is taken from a "rolling boulder" we did for our Egyptian development. It uses waypoints, is a dynamic entity, and has the required "ischaracter=1" in the FPE. If you wish to see it, here is the video:

It follows a waypoint using the following script:

This is just one of many examples that can be done.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
Grip Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2013 16:47
oh can you be more speciefic on the cars following waypoints and how do i make it dynamic
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2013 16:56 Edited at: 13th Oct 2013 16:58
That version of the video was one uploaded to show FPSC errors. There is a different City Walk through one at You Tube which is OK but the player does not have a Weapon - its just a Walk Through. Various version of FPSC have had issues and sometime bad behaviours have crept in.

In fact there is a Helicopter or was in that level too which was removed due to issues. In the main the fact in my instance entities set as "Always" active are not "Always" active or were not at the time and beyond a certain distance from the player dynamic entities would simply freeze and deactivate paying no regard to the "Always" active command at all. The Helicopter therefore being quite high above the buildings effectively increasing the distance from the player as it moves around the level. At such time it would freeze in the sky and stop animations until the player again came into closer proximity.

Due to the poor Physics system too and collision issues with entities having Gravity affects applied to them and FPSC low performance and frames rates having an additional affect - the combination of all these things brought about other erratic Helicopter behaviors also which were unacceptable so it was removed. Paths themselves and any entity attached to them have always been an issue in FPSC particularly at times when performance and fps is obviously low and AI entities can go haywire and behave like maniacs completely losing the plot.

As far as I am aware entities that have Gravity affected (off) then have no collision detection either and in the case of the Helicopter though I could Shoot it with a Rocket Launcher and the rocket pass straight through it the Helicopter would spin wildly and fall to ground or shoot off somewhere else only to disappear out of level and then re-appear later in the sky only to repeat is somewhat erratic and silly behaviours. Don't you just love it!

In fact the Helicopter path still remains to this day as as far as I am aware I still can not remove it in Editor!

I have some other flying enemy objects that simply fly around on no path so kind of non guided and aimlessly though hunt the player. Works great other than the fact they have no gravity so you have no idea where they will be and with no collision detection they pass through walls and floors to get at you!!

There are those that said this day would never come. What have they to say now?
jono gamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2013 18:01
grip studios check this link out it worked for me there now

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=163487&b=21

Tastes like chicken. Too bad its beef.
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2013 18:11
Quote: "oh can you be more speciefic on the cars following waypoints and how do i make it dynamic "

Well, using my rolling boulder as an example... First I construct the level and place the boulder.

Then I click on the "Create New Waypoint" icon.

I place the first waypoint at the start, left-click at each "turn point" to place other waypoints to outline a path.

I go back to the boulder and right-click on it to edit the properties. I set "static mode" to No, making the entity dynamic. I also assign my script to the Main script field.

I set the speed I want it to move.

That's all there was to it. To make an entity dynamic/static, you can either edit in the entity properties, or use the shortcut (Y key) when placing the entity. When I select the boulder, it is already dynamic and appears green.

If I want it static, I press Y and it changes to red.

In order for entities to follow waypoints, you have to have the "is character=1" in the FPE file, you need to place waypoints, must be dynamic, and the script must use the commands to follow waypoints somewhere as I pointed out in my previous post.

Grip Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2013 18:28
@uman how did you get those cars to move
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2013 19:01 Edited at: 13th Oct 2013 19:02
Simple path, follow script thats all. Same as walking unarmed civilians. Read the manual for Path set up help and guidance.

Unfortunately FPSC does not have complex path control so smooth curved paths are not easy to achieve. The path starts at one side of level and goes all the way to the other through about three main streets. At the end of path the vehicle flips around on its axis and comes back and so on it continues.

FPSC world size is too small and the streets to narrow to accommodate many vehicles, moving past each other and bypassing parked vehicles and so on and even to have the vehicle moving in a complete circle in my instance.

This was just a level as all of mine are for testing purposes. FPSC is really not designed, nor adequate or advanced enough to have many professional looking vehicles set up.

If Reloaded ever gets vehicle support it may be a different matter. Certainly the world size is large enough to accommodate a fairly large city so more room to actually create realistic looking city environments and content.

By comparison to FPSC Classic Reloaded world size will be vast and as pointed out over at the Reloaded board do not under estimate how long it will take to complete and fill just one single Reloaded level if you will have a lot of complex world design and high volumes of level content even given that Reloaded will provide a higher level of ease of use and at least semi automation of some features. e.g applying vegetation to the terrain.

There are those that said this day would never come. What have they to say now?
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2013 19:05
Quote: "@uman how did you get those cars to move "

In case you did not notice, BlackFox just gave you a perfect tutorial on how to make stuff move and follow waypoints. Cars and boulders follow the same rules, by the way

http://www.serygalacaffeine.com
"absurdity has become necessity"
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2013 08:10
i think one of the best ways to do moving cars is to have them only somewhat visible just out of the reach of the edge of the map to compliment the background nicely and keep the level looking alive.

Hire Me! I model, animate, cook, clean, and texture!
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
im gonna have to keep this thread in mind later on,

thanks alot blackfox for the tutorial ;D

have fun stay safe
hood
Grip Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2013 16:10
yess exactly i bugsy it would make it look better right
Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2013 16:55
Grip Studios

Everything you need to know is in the 'well detailed tutorial' which Blackfox has 'gone out of his way' to upload and show you which I think 'at least' deserves a second look and let alone a 'Thank You' for the time he has spent trying to explain it in an easy way (including all other suggestions made by other members of this forum).
Please take the time to at least 'try' and understand the techniques which all members are trying convey to you to answer your questions.

Good Luck.
cobracon2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2013 00:33
Thanks BlackFox. This helped me out a lot as well.
Grip Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2013 02:38
thank you blackfox and everyone who replied it works
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2013 17:38
No problem.

With the boulder example... there was something with the model originally. Rosstradamus made the boulder and each time we put the "ischaracter=1" into the FPE, the entity was invisible. The boulder would roll, I would stand in the corridor and feel something hit me, but could not see anything. Ross had re-exported the boulder in Milkshape (I believe that was what he uses) and it worked after that. He would be able to explain what he did to make it not appear invisible.

So if you try the same with other entities and they are invisible, then you will know what needs to be done.

Dragon slayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2013 23:07
I saw this in umans post

"If reloaded ever gets vehicle support"

I would think this would be a main improvement in reloaded. I remember many years ago a lot of bitching going on because of no vehicle support
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2013 13:15
Scripts are one thing but you need a lot more than that alone.

I think that TGC will try and implement both vehicles and flying entities into Reloaded but obviously we have to see how it performs and develops over time so that we could sensibly use them.

Vehicles : Now that we have bullet physics as the physics system I see no reason why you would not lets say be able to place a vehicle in your level and place them on a path and so they would move around your world and correctly follow the contours of your terrain correctly. A step forward.

Presumably you would therefore say be able to make a vehicle an enemy via a script that would shoot at you. e.g a tank. That may require other things as well so no idea if possible but not too unrealistic to expect perhaps.

Now derivable vehicles are another matter though I am sure if not supported a workaround may be found by someone. Eventually Reloaded my be updated to support that by default.

Flying Entities : Same goes here, not much different except these things clearly need to be able to hold a different vertical position in many instances a they Float in air as it were and require a different gravity setting amongst other things by are much the same as vehicles other than that.

I notice that Reloaded has an entity - that is a flying one - so what does that suggest to you?

These things should have the required Physics support available via Bullet Physics if TGC has not restricted but provided for it.

Now we have a third dimension and element that you could consider - and what is that you ask?

Water : of course - so water vehicles perhaps? Clearly you may be able to set up your speed boat and float it on water to move around - automatically say on a path if Reloaded provides for that.

Again some things above apply similarly here if implemented.

Now how about a modern Battleship game or a Pirate Game with Pirate Ships - possible perhaps? Someone has to provide or make those ships - which is complicated if you want them to look and behave well. May need advanced physics and collision. No good getting stuck in rigging, sails or falling through the entity eh! Can you climb to the crows nest to look out over the horizon? and much more.

What will you sail on - a flat calm sea : water plane and no waves always in the dolldrums?

The mind boggles.

Now a water world is a little problematical. Yes.

Underwater?

How about an underwater game? Atlantis? Submarines, Underwater warfare?

How would you do that - well not very well at least as things stand.

The water plane is just that a thin plane - its not a water block. Its set at a level. Can you raise it up? You have 20 levels high so if you have land above and sea below half way is 10 levels - not a very deep ocean and lower world above?

For advanced water and decent water games as well as any normal game you may need many other things too so any game made with Reloaded would be convincing and not just a very unprofessional attempt best avoided altogether - Weather, wind, water currents, water spray, bubbles and on and of course the physics and other things in place to accommodate them.

Some of those things need a very powerful and sophisticated engine and absolutely everything else that one would need to support achieving such things.

I can't imagine the difficulty and complexity leave alone the skills and hard work in so many game making disciplines that would be needed to make a Pirate game say. All those detailed models, sword fights, swinging from ropes, cannons shooting and recoiling, the music, textures, characters wigs, The ships sails blowing in the breeze? The onboard battles while the Ship moves through the water at 20 knots while the rain falls down and the sea sprays over the deck and you have difficulty standing while the ship bobs from side to side tossed about by the waves.

Forget it eh!

At least you have a water plane and the scene can go from day to night so you have a start

"You don't see 'im, till 'im come callin"
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2013 01:37 Edited at: 9th Nov 2013 01:52
Wow
I guess it has been nearly 4 years since I first played around with putting cars in FPSC. Not sure if I can dig up the scripts but I will take a look. They probably would need updating anyway since there have been so many changes to the FPI since then.

Grip Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2013 02:04 Edited at: 9th Nov 2013 02:06
Quote: "@Conjured Entertainment"
thanks i hope you find one on movable cars but the flying helis i dont really need that because i purchase the new ww2 pack and it had it.but i might mess around with it to see if i can make some helicopter enitys fly.

-Grip

Look i make games using fps creator,udk unreal engine,cry engine 3,and unity 3d

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 06:23:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 06:23:35