Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Showcase / [x9] Polyestura (Action Adventure) [3 Level Demo]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2013 02:52 Edited at: 24th Oct 2013 01:37
Polyestura 3000

Storyline:

You play as Clearasil a thief.
you Steal for the money but you also enjoy
the killing as well. your one of the best at
what you do and well respected
among the gang of thieves.
but after a mission gone wrong
and you lost two very important people
and almost lost your own life.
the thieves lost trust in you
and you lost everything
but a year later you want to give it another shot
and prove your self to be the best once more
because you cant stay away from what you love
but this time things get unreal...

- I want Reviews !!!

DOWNLOAD

http://www.speedyshare.com/rMyzz/Polyestura-Demo.zip

Copy this to Setup file to enable 1080p High Graphics

I know its not perfect but I've only been making this game for about a week

I would appreciate some reviews
that would help me a lot

Game will have 10 levels
Great story
almost all custom sounds
and fun fast Gameplay
100% FREE
And Much more

My Next Game will be Biowaste Reloaded and its planed
to come out January 2014. But this game should be out by the end of October

Developer BuppaGames/FPSCREATORGAMES

Matthew Torres

Attachments

Login to view attachments
GeuRCrayon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2013 03:41 Edited at: 21st Oct 2013 23:31
Press E to use in game

Matthew Torres

Attachments

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2013 20:39
downloading now, will post a full review.

Hire Me! I model, animate, cook, clean, and texture!
GeuRCrayon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2013 23:28 Edited at: 21st Oct 2013 23:30
From the release of the demo to now i have made a few changes. I have re made all the voices for the girl
and the player. Also i added a bit more stuff to each level and made it so that in level 3 you start in the elevator from where level 2 ended.

Matthew Torres

Attachments

cobracon2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2013 04:40
Downloading now.
cobracon2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2013 06:32
Well I completed the demo. Let me say that the action is dull in the first level. After that it picks up nicely.

This game would be better for the player if there was signs in the ship showing where you are at and what your objectives are. Right now it seems very confusing for the player. Also the leaf texture on your trees is wrong. They are showing up at white squares with textures on them.

I am glad you are redoing the ladies voice as it is bad. The main characters voice seems to be real good at this end. One other thing you could do is add echo to the announcers voice so it sounds like it coming over a intercom. Right now it is too clear.

Over all I think you have a good start to your game. It just needs some spiffing up. I will be watching for more demos as you progress. I think you have some very good things going for you so far.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2013 22:57
Let me start off by saying Whoa. I did not see this coming. The one problem is the level design that presents this as a boring FPSC game. it's the sound, the level layout, the mapping, and the gameplay direction that were the real shining stars of this project.

Gameplay: 7/10.
I would have liked to see more custom animations, but the EAI enemies reacted nicely to me and were frequently a challenge but never too difficult. the gameplay was never dull and the action was dramatic with the voices and the guns. The only other real issue was how laggy the game got when several dead TF341 ragdolls were present in the level. there's no problem with frame rates in the 50's in taxing situations, but once you progress below the 30's is when I start complaining.

Aesthetic: 1/10
The classic "Stock media shaders look nice so I will use them" attitude was prevalant throught the whole work. nothing was very well thought out and the boxiness was only mildly well hidden. you had some clever attempts, but collecting and creating custom media for this project will help it immensely. the lighting was also very amateur. this is the main thing you need to work on, fix this up, and the graphics will improve along with it, making for a fantastic game, which you already have the outline of here.

Graphics: 4/10
shaders are nice, but not at a sacrifice of decent quality textures, which is what I feel would have made the difference in a game like this. still, imagining this with a more artistic level design and custom media makes me dream big for it's future.

Experience: 9/10
Tense battle music, sounds that never were out of place, enemies shouting through walls, easter egg conversations, finding hidden doors, keeping track of where you are in the level, this game always kept me guessing and enjoying a ps2 era-like nostalgia.

Story: 6/10
although crudely written and a bit ridiculous in it's vague nature, the story works well in the more action-oriented gameplay and serves as a nice backdrop to keep me progressing throughout the game. perhaps work on developing the characters and their relationships with one another (specifically player/enemy and player/director chick whom i accidentally shot twenty some odd times)

Overall: 6/10.
this is a game i will most certainly keep on my computer and replay, at least until you post a better version. I really enjoyed it thoroughly, and suggest you work on modelling and texturing to really let those levels glisten and make this game your own, rather than just another FPSC secretion. with proper level design and custom media I'd call this a BOTB-worthy title in a heartbeat.

Hire Me! I model, animate, cook, clean, and texture!
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2013 23:52 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2013 01:05
Well, WOW! After a review like that from Bugsy, I am downloading it right now! I will try to give an honest review upon completion.

Jay.

EDIT

Ok, so, the game was not as expected! It was fast paced, had me literally leaning forward on my seat and I didn't get bored once! I got annoyed once, but, never bored!

Here is a simple break down for you.

**The GREAT**

The music is what made this game! Great choice of music, well placed, well used, just great.

(one minor point) people like me like to stealth around, so, with that epic music playing, it really does add atmosphere, which is awesome, however, when the music doesn't loop and you are left in silence, it kills the atmosphere you have worked so hard to create.

**The Good**

The voice acting was well placed and made sense. I was a bit disappointed that there was such varying level of quality between each voice, but, good nonetheless.
The overall pace of the game and the need to find the next door or objective was fast and interesting.
The sound effects were great. I really like the locked door sound. It took a while for me to click thats what it was, but, afterwards, I walked away from a door knowing that it wasn't ever going to open.
Limited weapons and limited ammo. nice touch. Not too limited so that you die really easily, but, enough to make you panic!
good use of the space. Although I (the player) knew that I was going around in circles, it felt different around every corner! Kudos!

**The Bad**

The shaders were over done.
Some of the textures were way off the mark! Such as the plant texture! The white bits should be 100% Black, then you will only see the leaf.
The glowing doors! I hate that about FPSC games. Its an easy fix, but, so many games still have doors that illuminate!
Seeing the same entities over and over again. and ALL stock! Bugsy said it right when he said you should learn to model!
Stock loading screens and HUD's. I know this is a demo and I can only hope these will be changed for the final release?!

Overall, I say you have the great beginnings to an awesome game! A few issues that can be easily sorted and you will (as Bugsy said) be well on your way to a BOTB!

On a side note, I noticed that Bugsy had mentioned some poor textures, I just adjusted the setup.ini and it looked great on my machine.

This is the setup.ini I used.

I would advise that after people download your game, they should also copy this and change the resolution to meet that of their screen.

Here is a screenshot of what it looked like when I was playing it. I have attached the HD version

Also, I noticed a weird thing...........a transparent barrel........

Keep up the good work!

Jay.

Attachments

GeuRCrayon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2013 01:18 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2013 01:20
Thanks For the Reviews I really appreciate it

and how can i fix the plant texture.
also the The glowing doors! i know it looks bad but i don't know how i can fix it

Matthew Torres
GeuRCrayon
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " I'd call this a BOTB-worthy title in a heartbeat."

Thank you so much you made my day

Matthew Torres
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2013 01:44
Quote: "and how can i fix the plant texture."

As I said in the review. If you get the texture map for the plant and change the white sections on the leaves to all black or complete transparency, that should solve it. Although, it does look as though you have an illumination shader applied to it! Email me and I will take a look for you.

For the glowing doors. Try to not place lights to close to them. Plystire answered this perfectly a while back.

Quote: "The reason doors glow when a light is on one side is because of the way Lee made the lighting system for dynamic entities.

Here's how it works:
A dynamic entity is near a light (a door, for example), the system will "coat" the entity in the color of the light and make it brighter or darker depending on how far away the light is fromt he entity.
Since the entity is "coated" in the light, that means the ENTIRE entity will be bright and not just the side that the light is facing.

If there are two or more lights near the entity, then the system calculates the "average color" and "average distance to the entity" of the two lights, and then uses the averages for coating the entity in a bright color.

This is also used for providing information to shaders. The shaders are not given "light information", they are given "average light information". The perk to using shaders, though, is that the entity doesn't have to be COMPLETELY coated in light, and only the sides effected by the average light are effected.

So there you have it.. use a shader and your problem will be solved. Specifically, use a "Bump" or "Normal Mapping" shader which are shaders that run mainly off of lighting information."

Jay

GeuRCrayon
Years of Service
User Offline
New Video of Demo (Level 3)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glpiawZ285Y

Matthew Torres
GeuRCrayon
Years of Service
User Offline
Polestura - Level 2 (Update) Just new layout

I am going to redo the enemies so right now i just have the finished level. give me suggestions also the missing wall for the elevator i already know. i fixed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx51dw4RQHY

Matthew Torres
GeuRCrayon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2013 14:18 Edited at: 25th Oct 2013 14:19

Matthew Torres
GeuRCrayon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2013 13:16 Edited at: 26th Oct 2013 13:17

Matthew Torres
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
downloaded this demo, was not to bad couple of things I found was getting stuck and I fell through the floor when trying to jump and crouch to get through a gap to a lever for something then it crashed.
GeuRCrayon
Years of Service
User Offline
New Level I've been working on what do you think?

Matthew Torres
GeuRCrayon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2013 01:41 Edited at: 31st Oct 2013 01:42

Matthew Torres
PixelF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2013 05:37 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2013 04:02
Quote: "New Level I've been working on what do you think?"

Looks good, but I think it looks a little too green.

Keep up the good work.

www.pixeleater.me
Register now to become a reasonably intelligent human being!
KillaNair
Years of Service
User Offline
LEVEL 2 UPDATE VIDEO NEW DEMO COMING SOON!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_F-5jB1hD4

Please Give Comments!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

GeuRCrayon
Years of Service
User Offline
FPS Creator - Polestura - Level 2 - UPDATE

Please comment help me make a great game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1nr08-1ZLw

Matthew Torres
GeuRCrayon