Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Script Correction From Pro Plz?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey i found a script of hud and its working correctly but when it appears in game it never disappears...so i need help from a nice pro scripter to make the hud appear for 3 secs and then disappear:
;Artificial Intelligence Script

;Header

desc = Reveive screen message

;Triggers

:state=0,plrwithinzone=1:activateifused=1,state=1

:state=1,plrwithinzone=1:hudreset,hudx=50,hudy=90,hudimagefine=languagebank\english\gamecore\text\s1t1.tga,hudname=firstmessage,hudhide=1,hudmake=display,state=10

:state=10:timerstart,hudshow=firstmessage,sound=audiobank\misc\talkping.wav,state=11
:state=12,timergreater=1000:hudfadeout=firstmessage

;DESTROY
:state=13,plrdistfurther=60:state=14
:state=14:destroy

;End Of Script
thanx
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2013 20:34 Edited at: 26th Oct 2013 20:35
You emailed me and I gave you a solution. You replied saying it did not work. I do love a challenge.

I have the following to show it does in fact work. I first create my level...

Notice the trigger is ahead of the player. Next I right click on the trigger and set the main script to the one I want...

The script is the one I gave you. In this example, since I do not have the image you are using, I substituted for the hud "picked up ammo" located in the "gamecore\text" folder.

Here is the start of the level...

Here is the image showing when the player hits trigger. Remember I substituted the image you specified with the "picked up ammo" image...

Here is where the image disappears after 3 seconds...

**ADDITIONAL**

You emailed me back just as I am posting this. You have specified that you are using V1.0- that is an issue. Try upgrading your V1.0 to one of the latest upgrades (found here).

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
Ronaldo5528
Years of Service
User Offline
thanx so much n i knw i really bothered you but it's normal to make such a silly mistake cux m a newbie to fps still thanx alot BlackFox
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2013 13:56
It was no bother. When you emailed me to say it did not work and then said you were using v1.0, I figured that was the reason why. Besides, we were all newbies at one point.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 05:38:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 05:38:03