Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Some Script Functions don't work on their own. (are additional mods required?)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2013 04:51
I am using the latest downloadable build of FPSC. No Mods.

It appears that some Functions from the Syntax list do not do any effect when prompted.

Functions like:
camrotationon=0
camshake=90

The code below is really the simplest it gets. I placed it into a trigger zone main script.

I do not understand why is it that there is no effect. Do FPSC require additional mods installed to have these syntax functions available?

Isenstadt Studio: http://isenstadtstudio.com/
Composers Page: Milesthatch.com
Tobias_Ripper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2013 05:23 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2013 05:50
Solved half of it...

Well I remembered that I indeed had a small modification of the FPSC-Game.exe file installed which added but one function of setting the speed of the sky scroll speed...

Although useful, I appear to be giving up much more than I gain..

So my question is... any way to chain-link or run both mod and Core file at the same time?

Sort of like using multiple mods at the same time.

Still camrotationon=0 does not seem to work even with original file... As I understand it, it is supposed to prevent the camera movement from mouse.

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2013 14:56
Quote: "So my question is... any way to chain-link or run both mod and Core file at the same time?"

No. You can only run one EXE file.

Quote: "Still camrotationon=0 does not seem to work even with original file... As I understand it, it is supposed to prevent the camera movement from mouse."

Works fine for me. So does camshake using the original EXE.

There are some commands that work only if they are in front (listed first) in a script. There was a thread discussion quite some time ago regarding this very issue. When you make your script and something does not work, check to ensure there are no mistakes in the script. Then check each command individually if needed. Some features implemented do not work exactly as we interpret them and require some "outside-the-box" thinking.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
Tobias_Ripper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2013 15:59
So as I understand it, whenever the syntax list has a comand that shows an example which starts with State=0 that means it will not work on any other function.

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2013 16:46
Quote: "So as I understand it, whenever the syntax list has a comand that shows an example which starts with State=0 that means it will not work on any other function."

No. The "state=0" is just the start of the script. It works the same as counting. 0-1-2-3 and so on. You can have a script with a "state=0", but you also need to know how the engine processes said scripts. When your level loads, any script with the "state=0" line will process right before the player actually appears in the game. That is why normally you define your hud(s) in the "state=0" lines then have a "state=0:state=1" line and the rest of your script runs at the "state=1" lines and so on.

Most commands (commands meaning conditions/actions) do work in some form or another. The key (as you will learn over time like the rest of us have) is noting how to lay out scripts with commands. There are some that appear not to do anything because either they were called incorrectly or need to be ahead of other commands. There are some commands that do indeed get "broken" when updates happen- that is the nature of the beast when "features" are placed over stability.

There are some that do not function as we envision them. Take for example the commands "playercam, entitycam". While we would think that you can assign the camera to the entity and view from that entity (and you can), it does not work perfectly on some entities. The key is knowing what the commands do, what their limitations are, and how best to use them in conjunction with other commands (when necessary).

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
Tobias_Ripper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2013 21:10 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2013 21:11
Ok that's understandable as with any language.

One question though.

What was the script and procedure for getting camrotationon=0 to work.

I tried placing it into a dynamic object or trigger zone in State=0 or state=1 but had no luck getting it to run.

Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2013 00:13
Those two commands work fine for me on the original version of FPSC. I stopped using MOD's a while back.

(Teabone)
Tobias_Ripper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2013 05:54 Edited at: 4th Nov 2013 05:58
Teabone,

Just out of curiosity, since I have not managed to yet decipher the mysterious application of the camrotationon=0

what is your process of getting it to work.
As far as the Dyntax list says, it is supposed to say whether the camera rotation is taken from the mouse or the entity rotation coordinates.

I have a new blank room for testing. two lights, player market and trigger zone, instead of the main trigger script I have this:

I have also tried to run it in an appear script field as such:

No luck.
what is your process of getting this to work. I am using all original files - FPSCreator (File Updated: 19th Jan 2010) from control panel

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:48:26
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:48:26