Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / AGK10819 T1 build issues

Author
Message
Naphier
11
Years of Service
User Offline
Joined: 2nd Oct 2010
Location: St Petersburg, Florida
Posted: 5th Nov 2013 21:47 Edited at: 5th Nov 2013 21:52
I'm using xCode 4.6.3 and just tried my first T1 build for our app. The build has failed with some ugly errors. It says that it is ignoring the FacebookSDK becase the file was not built for the architecture being linked (i386).

Here's the big old error report. Anyone have a clue?
Has anyone successfully build a T1 project with 10819 in xCode?
Thanks!



EDIT
Well that turned out to be a bit too ugly for a code snippet... I've attached the report as a txt file.

EDIT 2: derp... hold up I forgot to delete the facebookk sdk source and re-extract it....

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
18
Years of Service
User Offline
Joined: 17th Mar 2004
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, USA
Posted: 5th Nov 2013 22:02
Are all the problems gone now?

You fix the i386 architecture issue by removing from the ones to build for.

Make sure to do this step for both the project and target. Select one and then select the 'Build Settings' tab from the set in the middle section of the IDE. Then double click on the text to the right of 'Valid Architecures' (probably "armv7 armv7s i386"). When the list pops up, click on the line with 'i386' and then click on the '-' button at the bottom of the pop up.

Then for the one next to 'Architectures', double click on the list, delete everything, then click on the '+' button and add the string (minus quotes) "$(ARCHS_STANDARD)". Also do this for both the project and target.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Naphier
11
Years of Service
User Offline
Joined: 2nd Oct 2010
Location: St Petersburg, Florida
Posted: 5th Nov 2013 22:11
Tried that, but it didn't work out... I probably did something different than what you're describing.
After re-extracting the facebooksdk.zip all is well.
Must...read...all...instructions...

Thanks for being so quick to try to help. You Rock!

Naphier
11
Years of Service
User Offline
Joined: 2nd Oct 2010
Location: St Petersburg, Florida
Posted: 5th Nov 2013 22:20
Here's something wonky... the edit box I have set up to accept 10 characters max only accepts 9 characters in iOS... that's just annoying. My user names are limited to 10 characters and now if I put in an exception to allow the edit box to accept 11 in iOS... ugh
And for some reason the simulator is blocking network communication from the app even though I told it to be allowed.
oy

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
18
Years of Service
User Offline
Joined: 17th Mar 2004
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, USA
Posted: 5th Nov 2013 22:45
I don't use the simulators because they don't really work the same.

Are you sure that it is limiting you to 9? Does it change if you make the EditBox wider?

There had been some EditBox issues in iOS for a while, but I hadn't seen the one you describe.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Naphier
11
Years of Service
User Offline
Joined: 2nd Oct 2010
Location: St Petersburg, Florida
Posted: 5th Nov 2013 22:55
You're right they don't, but they should allow network communication. I probably really need to break down and buy an old iPhone.

The edit box is about 20 characters wide and the second edit box I have of the same size allows for 16 characters and stops you at 15... So odd...

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
18
Years of Service
User Offline
Joined: 17th Mar 2004
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, USA
Posted: 5th Nov 2013 23:10
I use an iPod Touch as my iPhone tester. It does everything except actually be a phone and supports 640x060 resolution. If you can find one, they are not anywhere near as expensive as the iPhones.

I just tested on both my iPod Touch and iPad and both had the same issue - only accepted 9 characters when told the max was 10. But it worked fine on my Androids.

This is a bug. Please report it in the google list and I will confirm it with testable code.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Naphier
11
Years of Service
User Offline
Joined: 2nd Oct 2010
Location: St Petersburg, Florida
Posted: 5th Nov 2013 23:13
Will do. Thanks for the tip and for testing.
Can you confirm for me that http commands work on iOS with 10819?
It will be really embarrassing if I send this out to beta testers and they can't connect. I'm not worried about much else as it is 99% sprites and file writing.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
18
Years of Service
User Offline
Joined: 17th Mar 2004
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, USA
Posted: 6th Nov 2013 04:36
I can absolutely confirm that the HTTP commands work. I've been using them in my WIP a lot. As long as you set them up properly, of course, and your server handles them properly.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Naphier
11
Years of Service
User Offline
Joined: 2nd Oct 2010
Location: St Petersburg, Florida
Posted: 6th Nov 2013 20:05
Thanks for that confirmation.
I've added the report here

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
18
Years of Service
User Offline
Joined: 17th Mar 2004
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, USA
Posted: 6th Nov 2013 20:37
I have confirmed it as an issue and added a nice, simple test program to demonstrate it.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2022-09-25 21:05:40
Your offset time is: 2022-09-25 21:05:40