Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / How to reset/remove player trail?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2013 01:11
So I'm working on an enemy AI script, but I'm having a problem because of the player trail. Is there a way to reset it? There's a command called "resetmarkers" would this do it? If it does, how does one connect it to the player?

Thanks

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown”
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2013 02:15
HI Jonez Games
Quote: "having a problem because of the player trail. Is there a way to reset it"

Yes there is. As you stated, in the syntax list the command "resetmarkers" would be used after "ifplrtrail=1"
The players trail of markers. Look in the syntax list under
"Waypoints and Markers"
Quote: " how does one connect it to the player"

Depends on how your going to use this. Is the player trying to lose
(out run) the enemy character? Or something else? Little more info.

You know you're a bad gamer when you're able to run out of infinite lives.
Jonez Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2013 03:07
What I'm trying to do here is that the character, once when spotting the player starts to follow the player trail right from where the player was spotted at. I'm trying to get this to happen every time player is spotted by the character. Which requires the reset of the player trail. Otherwise the character after spotting the player tries to follow the trail from somewhere, where the player was before, making it walk in a straight line towards walls.

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown”
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2013 03:22
Jonez Games
Ah,I see. Makes sense now. It probably would be best to attach it
to the characters script, not the player. Is the character that is
following the player by chance using stock script or custom?
But for the characters "main" script (if you open it) you should see something like "plrcanbeseen" At that point you would
"reset" the players trail markers.

Jonez Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2013 03:57
I don't think the resetmarkers command works with player trail. Unless the reset is completely something else than clearing the map of the little cubes that the player drops, that I see with the debug mode. I even tried the ifplrtrail=1:resetmarkers with just scancodekeypressed just to test it out, with no luck at all.

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2013 04:45 Edited at: 8th Nov 2013 04:46
I believe you are so right Jonez Games. I looked through the syntax list and there appears not be a "player trail" reset.
Just for entities. I thought the "resetmarkers" was for all markers?

Jonez Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2013 14:05
Yeah, that's too bad. The followplr seems to work best as a chase system with everything. I probably have to figure out something else then. The markers do disappear over time, though, which means it is in the code and is probably possible with a mod.

unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2013 14:12
You're probably best sending S4 a quick email. He is probably very busy with Vishnu and the unofficial update, but, he is the one that would know about this.

Section 812
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2013 03:03 Edited at: 13th Nov 2013 03:06
in the source "associateplayer" resets the player marker so you could probably call this command and then call "unassociateplayer" after to achieve what you want.
resetmarkers only works for the entities

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 01:45:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 01:45:13