Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / TF341 Patrol Script - Running along a waypoint?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2013 15:52
Hello,
Im new to scripting and Ive been trying to manipulate the TF341 patrol script (a script that came w TF341, they follow waypoints and engage enemies on sight) to make the characters run along their waypoints instead of just walking. I've successfully changed the animation from a walking one to a running one, but the character still moves at a walking pace. Increasing the character' speed helps somewhat, but it speeds up all their other animations and actions which makes everything they do look weird.

Heres the fragment of the script I've modified so far. Any help would be appreciated. All I need them to do is run along a waypoint (move faster) instead of at a walking pace. Everything else is fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Winner of the X10 Revival Competition, Susysyay
"I'm havin' too good a time today, I ain't even thinkin' bout tomorrow."
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2013 16:08
Hi Susysyay
Quote: " Increasing the character' speed helps somewhat, but it speeds up all their other animations "

In the syntax list there is an action for NPC's called "runfore=x"
"Description: This moves the entity forward at the rate of X where X is defined as a percentage of the entity’s speed"
I realize these are "TF341" characters and may not work, but if it does you could insert this where needed in your script without
changing the "characters speed".
best

You know you're a bad gamer when you're able to run out of infinite lives.
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
ok, there are maybe some smart solutions, but it is late here and my head is not ready anymore to do some work.

there is a command:
AISETSPEED=X

this command you should place into your line where the character run(high speed) and also in the line where the npc stops running(normal speed)

Corno_1

Make this forum to something a little bit better and release more stuff. So we can push the Request/NoobHelp threads aside.
Susysyay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2013 02:07
@Corno_1

The AISETSPEED command seems to have done the trick. Thanks Corno!

Am I allowed to post the modified script in case others want to use it? It's still mostly the exact one in the pack.

-Winner of the X10 Revival Competition, Susysyay
"I'm havin' too good a time today, I ain't even thinkin' bout tomorrow."
A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2014 21:43
What value for aisetspeed is for running?

Don't waste your life
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
x=100 normal speed
x=200 double speed
x=50 half speed

I do not know the percentage of running. Just test it and find your value (200 is a good start, I think )

Games make the world better
A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2014 20:07
Thanks.

Don't waste your life

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 18:05:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 18:05:33