Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Found Mistrel (DarkGDK 2.0 author)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2013 08:09 Edited at: 24th May 2014 01:30
Here is his public profile on LinkedIn:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/matthew-d-onofrio/4/354/49b

His most recent activity there is September, 2013. So apparently he's active and can be contacted if you have an account there.

I'm new to 2.0 (never used it, just read forum msgs this evening), but from what I can tell here, his LinkedIn profile, and another site of his (codespunk.com), Matt (Mistrel) is not part of TGC. He's an individual who decided to expand and improve the original DarkGDK himself (with license from TGC). I assume he used the open source of DarkGDK as a starting point.

Judging what we see is the greatest blinder and self-limiter in the universe.

What we perceive is never reality. It is only a story we tell ourselves based on our current perspective, which has far more to do with our beliefs about ourselves than with anything else.
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2013 23:13
I think that the concept behind DarkGDK 2 was (in essence) quite simple, and a stripped down version could probably be rebuilt from scratch in a relatively short amount of time.
I recently tried interfacing with a DBPro dll from DarkGDK (1) and that worked out just fine. All a DarkGDK 2 clone would have to do is set up a render window, load the engine setup library (DBProSetupDebug.dll), use that to... well, set the engine up () and then use the GlobStruct instance to allow the other core (and third party) libraries to communicate.

Of course that wouldn't support things like multithreading (DGDK2 never really did anything but ensure that only 1 DB function was run at once so I don't know if I'd call that "multithreaded" either though). Things like using D3DXVECTOR's instead of the vector / matrix id's could be added on top of that with some work.

"Why do programmers get Halloween and Christmas mixed up?"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:42:04
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:42:04