Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / iOS and Facebook Log in issues :(

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2013 00:03
So... I have FB login working on Android, I'm able to download the friends list and images, no problem.
Log in doesn't seem to work on iOS devices, but it works fine in the xCode simulator... When my testers try to log in with their iPhone to FB inside of the app they get the permission approval screen and then if they press OK they get a screen that says the "...service is not available, please try again later...".

Stranger yet, if they are using the app and go to view their FB friends list it allows them to do so.

The app on FB is not in sandbox, I've added the FB app ID to the plist file in both places, the URL types/URL Schemes, and the FacebookAppID. On the FB app permissions I have set user_friends , publish_actions , and read_friendslists

Although I have done this, when the iOS users go to approve the app the FB approval page says "This does not let Wordspionage post to Facebook. Your public profile is your name, profile picture..."

I also had thought that it wasn't downloading profile pics, but apparently it is, just AppGameKit decided to put them in the media directory on iOS and then in the app's root directory (one above media) in Android... nice.

Anyway, still back to the issues with logging in, works in the iOS simulator, not in the iPhone... grrr...

All help is greatly appreciated!

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2013 01:51
Not sure what changed, but this isn't an issue anymore.
It could have actually just been that the FB service didn't work at that time...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 00:06:29
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 00:06:29