Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / hot to fix this bugs? Could not load animation at line 18210

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi
after i released my game Mystery : Curiosity and seek the truth EP1
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=209320&b=35

someone download this game and he have this problem
here detail:
I really want to play your game but every time I try to play it I get an error that says " Could not load animation at line 18210" I have tried running it in Admin mode, compatibility mode, but still every time I play it says that error. I get to the main menu screen where is says to play the game, load the game, or exit and whenever I click play it gives me that error.
Any help would be great!

i tested my game in pc win7 and win8 , and nothing wrong my game work

so anyone have idea ?
please
mr_d
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2013 05:42 Edited at: 28th Dec 2013 05:45
Hi abdullh,

My first suggestion would be to actually provide a code snippet of your game that includes the one reported as the problem line (18210).

Without that, my best guesses would be
1. file name or path is not found (maybe case sensitive or character set issue)
2. animation name is case sensitive
3. they do not have the correct version of directx installed
4. they are using windows 8.1 which I've heard has issues with some protected folders even after specifying admin access.

As an aside; I see from your other thread that this is an FPSC game. I believe you should have posted this in one of the FPSC sub-forums, this bug reports forum is used to report bugs with DBP.

Good luck.

The Tall Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2013 06:40
A bug with FPSC games is that if the computer runs out of video memory, textures get wonky. And in more extreme cases, it alleges to not be able to find certain files even though they're there.

Q: ...you mean computer imagery was still based on the paradigm that the world was flat? Even into the 21st century??? Talk about doing something the hard way!

A: Yep! Back then people would render simple shapes with complex meshes of thousands of flat little triangles. Next to the bottleneck processors they used, it's the main reason why their computers were so slow. In the last days of the religious atmosphere of centralization and trade, corporate dogmas had people believing that flat was faster.
abdullh
Years of Service
User Offline
i really don't know here snapshoot

how can i find path problem to know where the issue this?
The Tall Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2013 22:12 Edited at: 28th Dec 2013 22:21
What I said above applies to specific files, this is more general, so it's probably not that bug. Sounds like it's really looking for a file that's missing.

You made this in FPSC, right? So there's apparently no way to look at "line 18210"? So this works on your machine, but the distribution you've made comes up with this error?

Do you have any video/movie files in your game (or did you at one point in development)?

Microsoft Windows becomes unreliable with file paths that are beyond a certain length. So if the person who downloaded it installed it to a subfolder who's path is too long for little Windows to handle, that would do it. Have them install it to a short path (like "C:\Games\Mystery\") and see if that clears it up.

Q: ...you mean computer imagery was still based on the paradigm that the world was flat? Even into the 21st century??? Talk about doing something the hard way!

A: Yep! Back then people would render simple shapes with complex meshes of thousands of flat little triangles. Next to the bottleneck processors they used, it's the main reason why their computers were so slow. In the last days of the religious atmosphere of centralization and trade, corporate dogmas had people believing that flat was faster.
abdullh
Years of Service
User Offline
the tall man thanks for your replay i know what happen, the probelm from intro movie cutscene i don't know why not work but finally i convert it to wmv
thanks man for help me out
The Tall Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2013 06:06 Edited at: 29th Dec 2013 06:07
You're welcome abdullh - glad I could help out!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 21:47:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 21:47:58