Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / 'The City' - complete program

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
'The City' is a simple randomcity program. It creates huge cities for you to roam, stealing cars as you please and jumping off hills into buildings.

This is the latest in my line of randomcity projects. It has improved on its predecesors just by being more simple. In the past I have failed when trying to be over complex with too many aspects eg. pedestrians, police, weapons, missions etc.

The production of this program has also been very clean. I've managed to put together efficient code without many bugs popping up along the way, and the cities are incredibly fast for their size.

This version has much improved graphics over the previous titles, as I've kept them clean, simple, and stylish (with a cool player character).

All this leads to a much more pleasing experience, which I hope you'll enjoy.

get it (and a couple of other games) here:
http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/byhmm

I'd appreciate some feedback. Thanks.

p.s.
(sorry, no screenies)

coincidence? how about pure cosmic convergence!
hmm
Years of Service
User Offline
Controls:
arrowkeys - move
spacekey - in/out of car
controlkey - brake

ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2003 19:33
you've violated angelfires terms of service i can't get to your site dude

GO TO THE ETERNAL DESTINY FORUMS!!! http://forums.eternaldestinyonline.com
Do it now!!!
hmm
Years of Service
User Offline
Not again! I don't know why they've deleted all my files.

ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2003 19:41
how big is it? i can probably host it for you;
mynameisnoneofyourbuisness@hotmail.com
also i suggest signing up at [href]www.dbpcommunity.com[/href]
free webspace no ads etc etc!

Do it now!!!
Shadow Lord
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " i suggest signing up at www.dbpcommunity.com
free webspace no ads etc etc!"

Here is one of the rules you agree to to get 'free webspace':

Quote: "4. Everything you upload to my host becomes my property, I may delete, modify and censor as I deem worthy"

Ouch!

I'm using DBPro to write "Suger Free Candyland", for diabetic children!
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2003 22:11
i'm sure he'd only delete stuff if he deemed it un-darkbasic related and i doubt he would steal anything you upload there, he rarely updates the main site so i doubt he'd check every file on everyones page either. i've never had any problems with it.

Do it now!!!
Shadow Lord
Years of Service
User Offline
"Delete" I can handle. "Modify" scares me. "becomes my property" is horrible. Let's say you write the next Doom, sell 50 million copies, get very rich, live happily ever after. Then, all of a sudden, you get your pants sued off because the great game you made was actually *HIS* property. You gave him full/sole ownership, and all the rights/claims to it, when you uploaded it to his server. So now you loose every penny, while he gets rich selling *HIS* game that you worked so hard on.

You really have to be careful what you agree to.

I'm using DBPro to write "Suger Free Candyland", for diabetic children!
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2003 23:27
if your making the next doom you'd have your own webspace and probably your own server, i currently don't host anything other than screenshots and my very poor website on my account but i think i'd be confortable with putting something more important on it, its down to presonal preference, if you don't feel comfortable with the arrangement then don't signup, i'm not writing the next doom anytime soon so it doesn't really bother me

Do it now!!!
Mystical
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2003 00:48
Your program sounds very interesting to me and I would love to download it once you get it hosted.

I'm very interested in car driving simulations and was wondering if anyone knew of any for the PC. I would love that
walaber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2003 04:54
dang I hate it when someone posts something cool and then you can't download it!

just go get a geocities account, you can upload zip files up to 5mb, and they don't delete your stuff.

I really want to try out your game!

Go Go Gadget DBPRO!
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2003 21:00
Don't slam Jimmy. That's a rule for all free webspace if you actually bother to read the fine print.

--Mouse: Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball

A very nice %it, indeed.
Dreamora
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2003 07:37
and another rule is: everyone using geocity or yahoo is a damned Inet noob!

there are lots of other free hosters out there that have more than 5mb bandwith per XX hours!
try angelfire or one of the hundreds of other free hoster *4 interesting programs that host on deadhoster geocity - arggg*

Dell Inspiron 8200,P4-M 1,7ghz, GF4 440go (45.23 - DX9b), 1GB RAM
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2003 13:59
Quote: "Don't slam Jimmy. That's a rule for all free webspace if you actually bother to read the fine print."

What? Have you been smoking dope?

Yahoo Geocities
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/geoterms.html

Quote: "7. CONTENT SUBMITTED TO YAHOO GEOCITIES
Yahoo does not claim ownership of the Content you place on your Yahoo GeoCities Site. By submitting Content to Yahoo for inclusion on your Yahoo GeoCities Site, you grant Yahoo the world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your Yahoo GeoCities Site on Yahoo's Internet properties. This license exists only for as long as you continue to be a Yahoo GeoCities homesteader and shall be terminated at the time your Yahoo GeoCities Site is terminated. "

Geocities claims it is most definately NOT theirs to own. The only thing it allows them to do is use it to advertise their services. Not to mention as soon as you cancel the account they even lose that right.

Lycos Tripod/Angelfire
http://info.lycos.com/legal/legal.asp

Quote: "7. LICENSE TO USER CONTENT
With respect to any Content posted by or in connection with the Products and Services, you grant Lycos a world-wide, royalty free, perpetual, license to use, copy, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, create compilations including, create derivative works of, and distribute such Content to publish and promote such Content in connection with the particular Products and Services and to publish and promote such Content elsewhere within the Lycos Network. Such license shall apply with respect to any form, media, or technology now known or later developed."

This one's a little more loosely based, but they still don't claim ownership and again it only permits them to use it for promotion.

Freewebz.com
http://members.freewebs.com/termsOfUse.jsp

Freewebz doesn't even give themselves the right to use your content at all, let alone, own it. Nowhere in the whole Terms of Conditions do they say they can modify it or claim it as their own.

I didn't bother to check anymore because I can't honestly think of anymore free hosting sites. lol. Anyway, the fact that he's giving himself ownership of anything you upload is just plain rediculous, I wouldn't host anything important there and I don't know why anyone else would.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2003 19:02
your not really going to be able to host much on a geocities site anyway though? and few people will be able to download it and you can't directly link images. dbpc just has so many advantages over those 3 that the matter of him owning it doesn't really bother me.

Do it now!!!
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2003 23:36
Angelfire may delete your website if they feel that you're using them as a file server. Such as, too many outside direct links to files. You do have some kind of index.htm page at least don't you?
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2003 01:05
Use Freewebs, I haven't heard anyone get deleted from them and I believe they allow outside linking.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
hmm
Years of Service
User Offline
I've now set up a site on hmm.dbpcommunity.com. It has the city and some other games.

TheAbomb12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2003 07:57 Edited at: 13th Dec 2003 07:59
its really reallly dark
but, physics are fairly decent...

hmm, do you have AIM or yahoomessenger?

Amist the Blue Skies...
AlecM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2003 06:16
angelfire really isnt any better than geocities. Just pay for a host.

[P4 2.8C @ 3.03 with an 866mhz FSB:: MSI Neo-2LS running PAT:: 1gb Mushkin PC-3500 DDR High Perf level 2@ 2,2,2 :: ATI Radeon9800ProAIW :: 120Gb SeagateBarracuda 7,200RPM SATA HD :: Antec Plus1080AMG]
Sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2003 18:22
I have my great website at Brinkster. They used to be ultimate, no ads and free, but now they have ads. Freewebs is cool, but you can only upload one file at a time. Which sucks. Anyways I'm download that city thing. IT LOOK COOL>

"Heroes get remembered, but legends never die."
Sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2003 18:27
It a cool game. Great work and merry christmas.

"Heroes get remembered, but legends never die."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 13:55:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 13:55:14