Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / How to use input in windows forms and how to change icon?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have two simple questions:

I was unable to use the Keyboard class from DarkGDK.IO in a windows forms application. Why is that?

I have discovered that if I use the DarkGDK.Engine.InitializeGDK() I can use input. But how do I change the window icon?

I'm using VS2010 C# and VB, just a code example will do.

Nothing to tell, really.
Ravencraft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2014 08:23
If I remember right, the DarkGDK.IO class has a bug in it that needs to be fixed. A work around is to implement the key data into a module and call the module whenever a keypress event occures.
This has the obvious drawbacks of only allowing for one key to be processed at a time.
I did manage to find a workaround for this limitation, but i cannot remember what I did (I no longer have my reference code).
If you browse through this forum, you should find a code example of this technique being implemented.
Ravencraft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2014 08:32
I dug up the post for you.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=188573&b=37
BoneJarmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Heey

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my late one. I tried your methods but those didn't work for me. It really did not became a problem though since I was building an editor and not a game. I used the windows forms input for my editor which did the job.

Nothing to tell, really.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:10:09
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:10:09