Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Enemy search for player and attack, if lost sight, he'll search for player

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2014 12:05 Edited at: 5th Jan 2014 12:29
I already tested the search for and shoot player script by FUNNY but thats not work. I edited some parts, but no luck. I need help from you. Here is the script:

I copied from Ofpscguide.pdf.

Note that the script was created by FUNNY not me.

I love to make games

http://www.youtube.com/user/thespicy847

Attachments

Login to view attachments
D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah actually this script cannot work properly.

Characters cannot switch between waypoint mode and targeting mode within the same script. So this script may work in the thoery, but I doubt it has ever been tested since in practise it won't work.

You'd need to switch between the main and the shooting script of the character, the main script follows waypoints, the shooting script... yeah, self-explanatory

TodeGamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2014 12:10
@Dominik
I'm not very good at scripting. I'll try,however.

I love to make games

http://www.youtube.com/user/thespicy847
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Characters cannot switch between waypoint mode and targeting mode within the same script."

I think it is possible... I will look into your script, but it is alot easier with two scripts, thats right

It is always better to write an AI script from scratch, so you know what a npc do and when

Corno_1

Make this forum to something a little bit better and release more stuff. So we can push the Request/NoobHelp threads aside.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 21:21:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 21:21:34