Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Object wont texture

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2014 23:15
I have created a mesh for a lanscape that I wont to use for a game but when I try to texture it in DBPro it just appears really dark what am I doing wrong.

here's the code that loads and displays the mesh;-

I have included the mesh and the texture file I think something is wrong with the actual mesh model itself. But if someone has the time to re-texture the object for me I would be very grateful. feel free to use the mesh also if anyone finds it of use.

"There are no perfect ideas only perfect intentions"

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2014 05:04
Your mesh loads but won't show for me.

What program did you create it in?

D.D.
Jonk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2014 08:37
I used a Height map which I converted using a free java program it can be found here http://sourceforge.net/projects/heightmap2stl/

Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2014 16:08 Edited at: 11th Jan 2014 16:12
Looks like that program is intended to produce STL files which are based in CAD.

I believe there's a way to create and save meshes from heightmaps with native DBP commands.
Check out the 2nd post by user GeeBee in this thread:
How to load terrains/landscapes; as an object or as heightmap

(If you'd like example code for Advanced Terrain just say the word.)

D.D.
Jonk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2014 19:36
Derek that link to GeeBee's thread was very useful especially the part about assigning each sector of map to a limb so it fits together nice.

I will try that soon, got so many other thngs that I want to try first. I'm currently having trouble trying to run Dark Dynamics. It keeps telling me that it can't locate a DLL. I did the install twice but still get the message.

Anyway all this help is really appreciated thanks to you guys I feel that I am slowlly getting somewhere

Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2014 22:16 Edited at: 11th Jan 2014 22:17
Quote: "Anyway all this help is really appreciated thanks to you guys I feel that I am slowlly getting somewhere"

It says you joined in 2005, are you just now getting around to using DBPro, or just getting back into it after a break?

D.D.
Jonk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2014 00:05
Yes I used it way back then and learn't a fare bit for about a year then got bored and unistalled it for just recently when I had a strange desire to start programming again.

It is frustrating though because it is like starting again, Ive forgotten so much you see.

It's slowly coming back but so much has changed. I still feel like a noob all over again though lol

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 14:06:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 14:06:15