Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / Target Dice [Done] (T1 Basic, source code included)

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2014 15:15 Edited at: 19th Jan 2014 19:44
Hello Everyone,

Well, after getting AppGameKit as a Gift just before Christmas, I set to work learning the language and make my first game. Being a smart kind of guy I decided to keep it simple and remake an old Dice game I created way back in 1995 using Quick Basic 4.5.

I'm proud to present to you Target Dice.

Source Code is included for anyone wanting to check it out and see how I managed to code this game. If you can learn anything from my efforts, then I'm a happy camper.

Please feel free to leave comments, and if you have suggestions for improvements, feel free to post your ideas.

Let me know what you think and Enjoy the game.

Cheers!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2014 15:26 Edited at: 14th Jan 2014 15:28
Playing even better now David
The highlighting of dice makes it many times better

Just 2 issues...

1. When the final score is shown, it says "Round 7/6" at the top.

2. It still beats me which is absolutely intolerable.

In fact, there was one round where I lost all my dice every time before reaching 20 points in the round. The computer scored 145 in one round, so it was impossible to win

Maybe in a future version you could add different levels of difficulty by using traits. e.g computer takes more risks (less predictable game) , or cautious (easier to win).

Attachments

Login to view attachments
David Gervais
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2014 14:41
Game Download updated..

Fixed: When the final score is shown, it says "Round 7/6" at the top. Now shows proper round number.

Fixed: the exit button now fades out and says thank you for playing target dice. same as when you selected 'N'o when asked if you wanted to play again.

Added: Music toggle button top right of screen, hit it to turn music off, or back on.

Edits: adjusted some of the timing and pauses in the game.

Still to come..

I'm going to change the end game to have you use the mouse to select Play again, or Quit, instead of pressing the Y or N keys. this will keep it more in line with the mouse input for everything else..

I'll also add either a visual or audio indicator that it's Players turn, or Computer's turn

and if you guys think of anything else that might help the game feel/play better, let me know.

Cheers!

blank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2014 10:13 Edited at: 17th Jan 2014 14:48
Great game. Really enjoyed it.

The only thing I though worth mentioning was that it stores the high scores of the computer player, rather than just that of the player - I'm sure that's intentional but it hurts my pride that the computer has knocked out 320 when I've barely scraped 200+ ha.

Otherwise, the game is really slick and plays really well. Good job.

Sam
David Gervais
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2014 15:05
Hi Blank, thanks for the feedback..

Another update.. download replaced in original post..

Added the mouse select to play again or quit at the end of the game.

Added particles.. just because I could lol (the best reason.)

Let me know what you think, don't be shy!

Cheers!

David Gervais
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2014 19:44
Hello Everyone!

Just making this post to refresh the thread.. Download attachment in original post has been updated.

The game is Done and in Final form. Please give it a try and let me know what you think.

Cheers!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 22:13:17
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 22:13:17