Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / iOS RateApp questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2014 05:37
I'm wondering if anyone else is using this.
I'd like to use it in our iOS version, but I wonder how it handles the "Don't ask again" button.
Does iOS or AppGameKit store that information in the app? Does it get reset if the app is uninstalled?

My procedure for android stores the information in a local file so I know what is going on. iOS's UI for this is nice though and in-line with the rest of their UI so I'd like to use it if possible, but if not I can easily use the URL method.

Hoping someone can tell me how it is handled.
Thanks!!

xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
It's been awhile since I used that in AppGameKit but it appeared identical to the iRate library, and I suspect that is indeed what is used on the backend (or an earlier precursor of it). With that, it stores the session data to a local settings file (e.g., User Defaults) and when the user opens the app so many times or so many days have elapsed it prompts them to rate it. If they do a full uninstall of the app and then reinstall, they will be prompted to rate again.

Sadly, the AppGameKit version does not provide the configuration options that iRate itself does. You cannot specify precisely when to prompt the user, or how long it should wait before prompting again if they select "Ask Me Later."
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2014 20:06
Thank you, that's exactly what I needed to know. I have my own way of handling when to show the ask. As long as it correctly flags to not ask them again, I'm good!
Thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 21:02:35
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 21:02:35