Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Blender 3d python script 2d sprites image from mesh

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2014 15:26 Edited at: 10th Feb 2014 12:34
Blender 3D python script

I am releasing this script has Public Domain which mean you can do any thing you want with the python script provided.

Please consider if you improve the script to giving it back to the community for the benefit of all.

I am including my blend file so you can see how it works and if you want you can use any meshes found in it.
The meshes in the blend file are not finish and I will not be releasing the final version to the public.

Please do not ask me how to code in python or using blender as I am still learning myself.

Blender 3D version 2.69 was used. Mode = Blender Render also Cycles Render seem to work, but I have not tested it fully.

The Script will take a selected mesh or all meshes in a scene
and output a .png image take from the camera view.
It will rotate the camera around the mesh using the z axis. Using the number provided to work out how many image around the z axis to take.

I have forgot to change the default path the image are save to
and will be fixing it today and will update the script.
Until then you can edit the script and change the path that way.

I have updated it so that you can enter a folder name, for the images to be rendered to.
Please make sure the folder exist.

The readme.txt will give you more information into how the script works.

Included in pie.zip

readme.txt
IsometricV2.py
TwoDSprite.blend1

I hope this is useful

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2014 19:27
How does this relate to AppGameKit?

Some of us are using Blender for image/object creation.

But your post (strangely all centered) doesn't give any information about what the script is supposed to do.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
It appears this script automates the exporting of a 3D mesh (or several) from Blender to 2D sprites or a sprite sheet. However, I don't use Blender so cannot test it and I think a video demonstrating its functionality would be valuable.
george++
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2014 20:27
I looks like an advertising to me...
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2014 18:58
This is helpful for folks who want to quickly export images of a 3D model for use in a sprite sheet. That said, it's really easy to do this in Blender without a script, just set keyframes for your desired animation and render the animation frames to png files... I suppose it could save you some time if that's all you wanted to do, but I imagine anyone who is making sprites from Blender models will want varying options for rotation, frames, etc. I could see how this might be useful in a fairly limited scope though.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 05:24:40
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 05:24:40