Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Input for new collision library

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've been using Sparky's for a while on a project I'm working on, and, while effective, it really has been kind of clunky, for lack of a better phrase. So after some deliberation, I decided to begin my own collision library, one that can hopefully rival sparky's and others (or it'll just be a good learning experience).

I have all of the math worked out for raycasting with box, ellipsoid, and polygon collision objects, and will next be working out casting boxes, ellipsoids, and polygon objects as well. So far, there are no "heavy" commands (trig functions, exponents, radicals, etc). Just the basic 4 arithmetic functions (+-/*), with the exception of ellipsoid, which has two square roots (would be 1, except for a +/- operator).

While I'm still in the planning phase, I was wondering what features you guys would think would be important (as it's easier to build it right the first time rather than trying to go back and upgrade it later).

The plan is
Cast: ray, box, ellipsoid, polygon
Detect Against: box, ellipsoid, polygon

Great Quote:
"Time...LINE??? Time isn't made out of lines...it is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!" -Caboose

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:14:51
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:14:51