Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / what type of connection between the computer?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
what type of connection between the computer and create a gadget like ipad or Sumsung
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBcz4ZPAQPU
AGK Player empty
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2014 16:41
Wireless usually, but it depends. Talking about Android, like if you have a Samsung Android Tablet, you can download the AppGameKit viewer and install that on your tablet, and if you can use a wireless connection on your PC then you can sync between them, it's the fastest way to run stuff on your tablet.

The other option is to make an APK using the online system, you'd get your media folder zipped up and use the online tool to make an APK from it, which can be copied directly onto your tablet and run natively - so long as you have the 'non-google' apps enabled.

I prefer to use my laptop for AppGameKit, as it makes the sync to my tablet much easier, it becomes part of the compile process that way.

For apple, well you need a Mac and a bit of patience - no AppGameKit player available for iOS, and obviously the APK generation won't work. I think though, that the iOS runtime is more stable than the Android one, the process probably becomes much quicker and easier once it's setup in xCode.

I am the one who knocks...
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2014 02:44
Quote: "Talking about Android, like if you have a Samsung Android Tablet, you can download the AppGameKit viewer"

For Android, you download the AppGameKit Player. The AppGameKit Viewer is only for iOS and it is absolutely useless for testing.

The connection between a desktop and any handheld device is wireless. They both have to be on the same network.

The only way to install an AppGameKit Player on an iOS device is to build your own on a Mac and run on the iOS device via the USB cable.

And the only way to test by broadcasting to a device is to have an AppGameKit Player of the same version as your AppGameKit IDE.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 08:10:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 08:10:50