Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Help WINDOW not shown in 3D

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello guys, in 2D programming window of MS c++ after typing
DarkGDK commands, it show me some little help window and sry i don't know the right name of this, but I got a picture of it.

but in 3D there are no help window and I don't remember
the amount of type inputs (Int/Float/Void) etc of the commands
so I must watch everytime the HelPFile of Dark GDK,,,,

So my question is, could it be that I must enable something in
MS C++ 2008 Express ?! to got this thing ?!?

thank you guys.

lol albanians in da house <3

Attachments

Login to view attachments
WickedX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2014 19:52
It’s called Intellisense. More then likely you need to delete the Intellisense Database file in your solutions folder so, it can be rebuilt. Not sure if this is related but, you should always use the Dark GDK – Game Wizard and not Dark GDK – 2D Game or Dark GDK – 3D Game. Believe me; I’ve had code fail because of this. The project properties appeared to be identical but, for some reason the last two wizards failed.
Timidon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2014 17:40
I have also had the intellisense not pop up usually when I got a error in varibles, it goes "huh?" basicly... if you got a syntax error in your code it will also prevent it from working properly (usually the first indication I got a error someplace..)..

hope that helps.

There are many answers but just one question" ~ Jerilith the Mad
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2014 21:10
Beware that accidentally pressing Ctrl + Alt + Space will also put intellisense in "low impact mode", basically preventing it from showing up at all most of the time. Try pressing those keys to see if it gets re-enabled; I do that mistake at least once per week.

"Why do programmers get Halloween and Christmas mixed up?"
Timidon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2014 22:44
Thanks, I did not know that... (pressing Ctrl + Alt + Space will also put intellisense in "low impact mode) = frustration,,,,...

There are many answers but just one question" ~ Jerilith the Mad
gbison
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2014 01:11
You can click edit, then select intellisense at the bottom and you should get a pop-out with 4 options.

That said, mines not working well either....

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
I have noticed that intellisense doesn't work very well in 2008 anyway, it seems to be much improved in 2010.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 02:30:56
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 02:30:56