Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Is it possible to add time before detection and another question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2014 03:20
I am working on a stealth level in my game. There are snipers on towers and I want to ask if it I can modify a script for the player to be in an enemy's view for a certain time before getting detected. Here is the script I'm using for the snipers (slightly modified version of the snipe10 script)

Also another question. The snipers are on towers found in the WW2 entites. Somehow damage from their shots are only taken if I crouch. How to fix this?

Thanks
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2014 16:08 Edited at: 1st Apr 2014 18:05
Low Quality Games Studios
Quote: "player to be in an enemy's view for a certain time before getting detected"

Just taking a guess here, but do you see the line "plrcanbeseen:settarget,rotatetotarget,resethead". Try placing a etimer/s between "plrcanbeseen" and "settarget".

The "snipe10.fpi" is a shoot script. What "main" script are you using? I looked at the "cautious10.fpi" and tried this..

Seems to work pretty good. You'll have to test out more.
best

You know you're a bad gamer when you're able to run out of infinite lives.
Low Quality Games Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2014 02:12
Thanks for the help.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 21:28:35
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 21:28:35