Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / OFFERING PAYMENT - AI Bot Styled Scripts

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2014 01:26 Edited at: 1st Apr 2014 01:28
Hello,

I know there are pretty strict rules against requests, but seeing as how I am willing to pay a couple of bucks for these scripts, I hope this doesn't qualify as the usual lazy guy request. If this violates rules, give me a heads up so I can modify the thread. Without further ado, there I go.

I would like both allied and enemy scripts that would allow 2 teams of AI players, one team friendly and the other hostile, to hunt each other down from any point on the map. Basically, I want AI Team deathmatch styled bots. I am aiming to make a WWII arena style shooter.

The current Dark AI scripts are too clunky and not aggressive enough. Plus, the bots can't navigate a populated map and find one another, with or without waypoints. I also would like allies to be independent of following the player.

The bots would have to -

-Be able to either scour the map independently and/or via waypoints
-Search for opposing AI bots and the player and ruthlessly attack them (bots should run most of the time like soldiers, they should hardly if ever stop while searching)
-Be very effective with all types of weapons (ie, snipers, full auto machine guns, rifles, grenades, etc)
-THERE IS NO NEED FOR ADVANCED BEHAVIOR, such as retreating to cover, listening for footsteps, completing objectives, following player commands,etc.
-If you've ever played against bots in Battlefield, Counter Strike, or Day of Defeat, that's what I'm aiming for, just simplified a bit.
-In short, 2 AI bot teams who can navigate and battle it out in any sized map completely on their own, with the player fighting alongside one team. Keep it sweet and simple

I am looking for someone who can make these as simple yet effective set of AI scripts for 5-10 dollars (price negotiable but I'm not rich ) Payment MUST be via Paypal!!!

If anyone is interested, I'll be waiting for your responses. Email me at

kucab2345@gmail.com

Or respond on this thread.

CONTACT ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED

Thank you!

-Winner of the X10 Revival Competition, Susysyay
"I'm havin' too good a time today, I ain't even thinkin' bout tomorrow."
Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2014 01:41
The types of bots I've been working on lately work much like that of Skyrim and Fallout. But I can look into this (even if someone else takes it on).

What types of characters are you thinking of using for this?

(Teabone)
Susysyay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2014 02:53
Model Pack 68 soldiers or the stock WWII ones, I have yet to settle on which. Either way, it would be characters who utilize mostly stock animations and behaviors, nothing too unique or out of the way. Not TF341 characters for instance.

And once again, I'd like them to be as straight forward and "soldier like" as possible. Run about, shooting, etc. Nothing uber complicated. The more optimized the better too.

Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2014 07:59 Edited at: 1st Apr 2014 08:01
With the TF341 characters you can change the main script to "TF341_Main_RandomMover" and they will go around the map and look for enemies when in range. You can even set up teams in their appear script and allies (up to 6).

For the other types of characters it is possible but you basically would be coping the same methods from the TF341 scripts. The way the AI teams are set up and the dark AI that allows for the map to be scanned so they don't walk into walls. And the trick would be assigning the correct animations.

how many teams are there? Just two?

(Teabone)
Susysyay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2014 15:16
Yeah, only 2 teams. Imagine Allies vs Axis if that helps. And the TF341 scripts, while awesome, are really intensive on the engine. They seem to drain so much FPS after adding like 2-3 characters. I can get away with about 4-5 DAI characters without the same FPS drops (though they aren't nearly as aggressive). So while I'd like to just modify the TF341 script, Im thinking a new, streamlined script would be better for my purposes.

What are you thinking about the whole situation? What would your plan of attack be?

Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2014 03:08
I'm looking at a script I'm working on and seeing a way to simplify it and have it do all of what you have requested.

2 Teams of which the player is on one of them?

the TF341 scripts are pretty massive... they even exceed the limit of the FPI EditPad (least in order version).

I can write a smaller script that does similar actions and roams the map.

(Teabone)
da2020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2014 16:34 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2014 16:41
I remember someone created something like this really long time ago here(It shouldn't be very hard to erase a few lines here and there to simplify it): http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=206627&b=23
Susysyay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2014 17:11
@Teabone

If you are interested in making these scripts, please contact me via email so we can speak privately.

Kucab2345@gmail.com

@da2020

I tested that script pack out and while it is excellent, it is a major performance drain and seems to only work with TF341 characters. I'm looking for something much simpler, more optimized, and more universal for other characters.

Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Sent you a mail

Games make the world better

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:12:46
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:12:46