Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9 PROJECT] Prison Nightmare (WIP)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2014 16:39 Edited at: 14th Apr 2014 14:10
This is my project I've been working on since 2010 :
Prison Nightmare

-----------------

Game by me (CTODN).

This game is a survival-horror, where the player controls a Human Rights agent who was sent on Ibis Island, a penitentiary under SIF's control (South Islands Federation).
There's reports from another agent (sent 1 week before you) that the inmates are used in military experiments. But that agent stopped sending reports, and his beacon stopped emmiting.
So the United Nations decided to send another agent to rescue the missing one, and to investigate the underground prisons.
But as soon as the player arrives in the facility, there's no personnel left but blood, and bodies. And still no signs from the missing agent. And as if it wasn't enough, your radio and your beacon has also stopped working.
Nothing will happen as planned, you'll soon discover that strange creatures have invaded the facility. Where do they come from?
Anyway your priority is to restablish communications with your HQ, invastigate the prisons and to repatriate the missing agent.
-----------------

Here is a video showing the first 3 levels of this project. Unfortunetly, no demos are available due to compilation problems (levels crashing during loading process), but I'm working it out to fix it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwmg39MJdfI

I'd appreciate your feedbacks and ideas, they're counting for me

Thank you ! (PS : I'm french so excuse me if there is any spelling mistakes

Finally ! FPS Creator Reloaded beta's out !
Madcow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2014 09:09 Edited at: 14th Apr 2014 09:10
Greetings.

This isn't the proper layout to showcase your project. I'm no moderator but you should read the stickies before doing a new thread. Also, if you don't have time to write a proper thread, then don't do it and wait to have more time to do so.

"I like to keep this handy, for close encounters."
LeCTODN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2014 14:11
Post Updated

VindiKator
Years of Service
User Offline
After watching the video, here are my impressions.

A great game, the maps are long and lasts a long game!
For a player does not know the game would last more than 16 minutes!
It offers indoor and outdoor sequences / really well done and the skybox and choice (add animated water, a few islands, some boats strengthen the external realism).
Some modifications to the huds (titles, buttons) and it would be in my top.

Madcow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2014 14:51
Wow, from what I can see the atmosphere looks great, I just can't wait to see more of it ! Keep it up !

LeCTODN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2014 14:57
There's a video if you haven't watched it yet

There should be another video coming next week-end

Madcow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2014 15:03 Edited at: 14th Apr 2014 15:04
This looks pretty good, but the complex seems to be a ripoff of the one from Dino Crisis

LeCTODN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2014 17:57
He he

LeCTODN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 21:12
Some more screenies

1st boss battle / survival (You can either choose to kill it or just survive for 5 minutes) :

B1 Underground Warehouse & passageway to Block A:

There's alot of work to be done

VindiKator
Years of Service
User Offline
This is very promising.
I noted on 'our forum' various traps and trickery that you cooked: diabolical.
A little more variety in enemies (MP22, ZA1 & ZA2 ...) would be a good thing, as well as segments.
Now I hope that this project will fulfill its promises: a beautiful and long fun, (like any game should be)

LeCTODN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2014 00:01
Don't worry about the enemies.

They're "evolving" with the time, from passive and slow zombies to mutant hunters.

JPM_fr
Years of Service
User Offline
HI

Great mapping CTODN. The video's great and the game looks very interresting. The segments and the textures' choice is very great, just like the global ambiance, and a there's a good consistency.
I'll be following your project for sure.

MOD TIGRE V1.09 beta
A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2014 20:02
This looks very promising! Keep up the good work and don't cancel it like almost everyone else.

Don't waste your life
LeCTODN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2014 00:14
10 Levels are ready.

The problem is that FPS Creator crashes during the loading of the third level... This is very annoying, I'm on version V1.18

Any ideas on how to compile the game without getting crashes during the loading?

LeCTODN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2014 00:15
Underground Tunnels (B2 Levels)

VindiKator
Years of Service
User Offline
Hoooooo yes, tunnels !
I like tunnels, so undergrounds, so creapy !
a good variety of level you made !

LeCTODN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2014 00:42 Edited at: 20th Apr 2014 12:22
Demo available (still unstable but fully playable) :

http://www.multiupload.nl/EPDEHBJZP6

A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2014 04:25
Why don't you use the latest unofficial?

Don't waste your life
LeCTODN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2014 11:43 Edited at: 20th Apr 2014 12:21
Because I already tried...

Here's the video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Du_dbUi8c0

The Tall Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2014 09:35
From the two walkthroughs - Very interesting looking game.

I like the idea of theme music/sounds that many areas and events seem to have. And the sudden scary sounds that randomly pop out at you from "nowhere". It helps give the game a feel. You've done a great job there.

Pretty funny how the men's room was behind a force field - hahaha! I can see why though, there was a control room with it. One "goof" though - there's no way a prisoner in a straight jacket would be in that men's room. If a zombie was present in there, he'd have been one of the control room workers/guards.

An idea - don't know if this is possible with FPS Creator (well it probably would with some script-editing)... Have the taser aggravate and strengthen the zombies, make them more aggressive and dangerous... a Frankenstein effect (it could be like zombie-health kits). They could be nicknamed (by the pre-zombie guards/player) as zombie super-chargers. Perhaps the guards made that mistake too, against the ones who turned first.

Also the door sounds don't match the room type in many cases. They sound like small house closets, rather than large concrete areas. There are sites that have free sound effects for games. I'd also say have more varieties of zombies instead of just the one dude, including some guard and scientist zombies. The one zombie dude's sounds are pretty funny though!

How does a giant "boss" fit into the storyline? I've never understood why people always follow the script of having a "boss" at the end of each level. That was probably left over from '80s games, where the scope of the game had to be small and simple.

I guess my biggest comment is to remember the storyline, and organize the game around it, rather than just having an abandoned place with a few zombies hangin around. After those levels, the story really never unfolded, or seemed to exist. Something happened there. What? Shouldn't a significant part of the ongoing game experience be discovering what that is, by noticing the evidence of how things were left? Not necessarily to "solve the mystery", but just to see pieces of it (and let the player draw their own conclusion, for a more realistic virtual experience. If you do it well, players will end up debating their opinions and spinning stories about it later in the forums of your game

The bigness and details of your map are excellent! Including the ocean sounds outside, again helps give the area a feel to it (you may wanna turn the volume down on that one a bit to a more background-like level).
LeCTODN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2014 15:26
Thanks for your feedbacks !

You gave me some interresting ideas

I'll tell you, the doors' sounds are temporary, they're all going to be replaced (see some pneumatic doors doesn't have sounds). Since I'm working on sounds myself, alone, it's going to take time.

For the background story, there's more work to be developped. Since French is my native language, there's more work about story, communications, than the english version.
There'll be radio communications, custom HUDs giving you objectives, and of course I'm working on cutscenes.

What you haven't seen in the video, are some "random events". Enemies are spawning at "random" locations depending of your actions, the time you're on the same level and depends alot of the weapons you own (this avoid the situation where unarmed players meet 3 or 4 zombies).

You gave me some excellent advices, and ideas and be sure I'm going to apply them.

As for the enemies, they're evolving. When you come back to an area (there's going to be alot of comebacks for uncompleted tasks in levels) the enemies will be doing more damage, will be faster and harder to kill. The player will discover that the zombies are completely different in the lower levels of the facility.

The Tall Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2014 19:08
Ahh cool! And you're making the game adaptive - very nice!!! Too many pre-scripted games out there. Sounds cool about what's in the lower levels.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:35:55
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:35:55