Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Happy mothers day from the US Army

Author
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2014 05:27 Edited at: 13th May 2014 03:57
I'm currently in [edit] and one of my buddies got an idea for us to take a photo this morning during our break. HOOOAH!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 12th May 2014 05:42
That's you?! I just saw this on Facebook, it's become quite viral apparently...

Anyway, that was awesome!

Come check out my new website!
nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2014 10:52
I forgot mother's day on the 10th. So I was all like "Sorry ma, I completely forgot". Turns out it was the 11th here. In other words I could've done something last-minute and kept my mouth shut. Aaargh, I had to apologise again. I then told my ma I was sorry and she should've said something the previous day. She just laughed. She found it funny that a controlling idiot like me lost control and she found it even more amusing seeing me "unable to weasel yourself out of this one".

Anecdote aside, good pictures, Phaelax.

"Oh nonZero, let me tell you, I love you." -- Dark Java Dude 64, Vice-Kapitan of nASA(nonZero's Awesomeness-Spreading Association)
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2014 18:45
Wow; it's already making the rounds on FB, that's where I saw it this morning. Good job!

-Keith

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2014 03:56
We took the photo during our break around 9am yesterday and we started posting it on our own pages. One of the guys posted it on a few military facebook pages and it just spread from there. Although, national guard units in Georgia and now Virginia appear to be getting credit for the photo!

However, we've been told today to not post the photo on any more social media sites and to stop saying who's in the photo or where we're at. No reason given, so I'll just assume something to do with opsec.

Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2014 17:28
The best mothersday greeting is not joining the army
[confirmed]

[/url]
nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2014 17:40 Edited at: 13th May 2014 17:42
Quote: "The best mothersday greeting is not joining the army"

lol, good one (I hope that was a joke). But on a serious note, I think it's really a matter of opinion. I'm sure any good mom is proud of her kid for making his own choices. Even if you do not agree with them, supporting your children's decisions to do what they believe in is what being a parent is about. Joining the army, whether for a stable career or to contribute to your country, is a personal choice. Even in a war, I would not stop my child if they wanted to. I would always respect their decisions and be proud they were doing what they believed in, whether from a pragmatic or idealistic standpoint.

"Oh nonZero, let me tell you, I love you." -- Dark Java Dude 64, Vice-Kapitan of nASA(nonZero's Awesomeness-Spreading Association)
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2014 12:47
Really cute!

All I ever come up with is flowers

http://www.serygalacaffeine.com
"absurdity has become necessity"
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2014 21:02
A really nice idea

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2014 23:56
Well I guess the idea came about when one of the guys in my squad forget to get something for his wife so he came up with this.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 01:24:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 01:24:42