Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / (Game) Loved - by Alexander Ocias

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2014 17:19
Found this interesting game:

http://www.alexanderocias.com/loved.php

"The overseeing voice talks as if it owns you, and defies your free will. if you follow its orders, you are praised, and the worldview becomes sharper and more detailed. if you don’t, you are chastised, and the world becomes more vague and difficult to navigate, but also more colourful and loud. it’s odd, and sort of eerie, but definitely interesting. take it as you will." -- Random Player

Your mod has been erased by a signature
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2014 17:58
Hmmm, it's kinda like Super Meat Boy and The Stanley Parable had a pixelated baby.

It would be cool if they made these games more subtle. Like - rather than saying Do this... and then giving the player a choice whether or not to do it, why not let the player decide for themselves with no indication as to what is the right or wrong step to take.
Like in Resident Evil 4 - with the dog that you can either ignore, kill, or set free, then if you set it free it helps you out in a boss fight later on. The choices in this game are about as subtle as the visuals, I don't think that people will go against the narrator for any reason other than to see what happens, much like Stanley Parable. There are more facets to our personalities than just compliance or denial, really to me it feels like these games are just trolling me, they don't make me think much beyond just deciding whether or not to try again and make opposite choices, just because, just to see what happens.

I am the one who knocks...
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2014 18:33
Felt they could've made "more" out of it.
In a weird sense though, i believe it's through the dots that kept coming - i felt disgusted with myself and felt guild for not doing as "it" says me to - quite intruiging.

Whose eyes are those eyes?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 15:20:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 15:20:01