Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / exporting to .x and losing textures.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2014 20:47
I'm curious how this works, every time i export a model to .x none of the textures go with it, i just end up with a blank model, i'm using 3ds max to export to .x but i can't seem to find a way to re-attach the textures from the model... any help?

I can see from your smile, you're not here for the sunset

Windows 7 64 bit, AMD Phenom II x4 Black edition, 4 GB Ram, Radeon HD 4650, 2.5 TB HDD
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2014 15:14
Maybe your texture filenames are too long - I know it's an issue with .3DS files - but if your filename is more than 8 characters, it might be using the shortname, like ''AlienBeastTorso.png'' would become ''ALIENB~1.PNG"

If you load your .X file into a text editor (notepad for example), you might be able to find the part that should assign the textures, and you'll see what it's looking for.

I am the one who knocks...
zeroSlave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2014 05:04
The texture either needs to be in the same directory as the .x model, or if you are using DBP, use "TEXTURE OBJECT objectNumber, textureNumber"

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
Levanthus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2014 18:49
well this is the odd thing to me, all the textures are in the same directory and, as far as i can tell, when i load the .x into wordpad it has all the correct textures assigned but the whole model still just shows up as a plain white object... it seems a bit odd to me, the only way i can seem to get the object to export with textures is using .WRL and then using deep exploration to convert it to .X but in that same instance, if i do that, any animation i have in the model gets screwed...

I can see from your smile, you're not here for the sunset

Windows 7 64 bit, AMD Phenom II x4 Black edition, 7 GB Ram, Radeon HD 4650, 3.6 TB HDD
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 17th Jul 2014 19:03
How does it link the images, does it look like this?

"NINJA.BMP"

Or this?

".\NINJA.BMP"

Or something else?

Are you using individual textures or a single bake?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 00:18:57
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 00:18:57