Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Lauren Faust to Direct Upcoming "Medusa" Movie

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2014 12:26
Full article.

Well, seems like Hollywood really is runny dry these days. Just about every classic, fairy-tale and myth is getting rehashed. Guess it's time for Medusa's story. Well, I don't know about anyone else, but, despite the seemingly desperate nature of yet another Hollywood rehash, I'm still willing to keep an open mind, not just because Faust will be directing it (although largely), but because I've had one or two pleasant surprises in the past, including "Tangled" -- which I honestly thought I wouldn't be able to wade through, yet somehow ended up being not too bad when putting the couple of cringe factors aside (and factoring in the stunning animation of course).

What's the rest of the forums' expectations, thoughts, etc?

PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2014 01:19
Somethings changed People aret trying to bring back quality to entertainment and this new Medusa movie got me interested

Your signature has been erased by a mod
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 8th Jun 2014 05:39 Edited at: 8th Jun 2014 05:41
In India, there are between 7-15 new movies A DAY, I think WeirdWood is just trying to play Quantity over Quality...

Keeping in mind, most BollyWood movies are 2-3 hours long, compared to 1-2 hours long in WeirdWood...

I always get the feeling WeirdWood movies have something missing, and so I wait a year or two to see if they release a directors or whatever extended edition ....... Had to wait 3 years for AC Complete lol

But hmm I was waiting for a redo of Medusa's story... reckon it will be like
COTT? [Looks at article...] Reckon it will look like Toys?

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2014 12:15
Quote: "Just about every classic, fairy-tale and myth is getting rehashed."

I can honestly not at all see how this could possinbly be a bad thing

Whose eyes are those eyes?
nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2014 12:53
It's a reflection on the fact that the media industry is running out of ideas. It's not bad, the actual rehashing in itself, but the fact that it's a trend is ominous; the foreshadowing to potentially undesirable future of regurgitation.

In actuality, it's inevitable one day. I think that it then becomes necessary for the creative team to execute it correctly to prevent failure. I'm hoping this will be the case this time around since execution becomes critical in this type of situation.

Vote for me ye scurvy dogs and I'll give ye free cookies.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2014 15:14
On a lighter note - the new Streetfighter movie is actually pretty good... even for people who don't play Streetfighter - I imagine that to a SF fan, the movie is the holy grail. It's better than yet another superhero film at least

I am the one who knocks...
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 9th Jun 2014 15:47
Did you see the SF Web series?

nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2014 20:37
Haven't seen the Street Fighter movie or web series. I stay away from game-based movies since the Mortal Kombat film was horrible and the live action Resident Evil films emotionally scarred me they were so bad. It's hard to stay true to a game with multi-pathed storyline, I get that, but with RE1, they could've just picked a scenario (Jill/Chris) and used the game as the storyboard.

Only losers vote for other parties. Don't be a loser; vote nASA and save yourself the humiliation of being labeled a loser.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2014 21:01
The Res Evil films could have been so much better, but really they could have been worse. The first Silent Hill movie is watchable, second one is terrible though. I tend to hate most movies, never mind videogame related ones.

I wouldn't class the SF movie in the same league as the MK or old SF movie, it doesn't try to be a movie of the game, it's more like the story of Ryu and Ken, I'd describe it as live action Manga. Really though it's cheesy as hell, but entertaining - kinda like 2 hours of the Pai Mai scenes from Kill Bill 2, but with a sense of humour.
I've never seen the web series, might have a look for it when I have some time to kill.

I am the one who knocks...
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 10th Jun 2014 09:02
I'm hoping 'they' will remake Eragon and finish the series. It really does have the potential to be the next LotR.

Audacia Games - Latest WIP - AUTOMAYTE 2.1, AppGameKit one click deploy to Android
"When you've finished 90% of your game, you only have 90% left"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:45:54
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:45:54