Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / How do I transfer a 3D game creator game to disc?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I can't even find it on the folder I saved it on windows 8?

Help please?
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 7th Jun 2014 03:29
Try re-downloading it from your product page to a folder you will definitely remember such as desktop/GAMECREATOR). See if it downloads properly, if not, contact TGC, otherwise all you need to do is copy the files over to the disc!

Audacia Games - Latest WIP - AUTOMAYTE 2.1, AppGameKit one click deploy to Android
"When you've finished 90% of your game, you only have 90% left"
nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2014 12:10 Edited at: 7th Jun 2014 12:12
If you mean the game you made:
Just search for the project name from your root directory (normally C:\). No luck? Run your game and then press Ctrl+Alt+Del and choose to "Start Task Manager).

1. If your application is not listed in the "Applications" right-click it and choose "Go to process" and it will be highlighted. Skip to 3.
2. If your app is not there, click on "Processes" tab and find it.
3. Right-click the process and choose "Open file location".
4. You are now somewhere in the directory-tree of your app. Move up to the app's main folder and there you go.

If you mean the actual Game Creator:
Well first go to your browser download history. If you are not using Firefox (shame on you) then I'm not sure if this works the same:
1. In download history, locate the download.
2. Right-click and choose "Open containing folder". In other browsers, it may be in the "File" menu, usually Alt+F.
Failing that, just double-click it if it is a ln archive (zip, rar, 7z, etc), the archiver (like winrar, 7zip, winzip) that opens it should tell you the location in the "source file", "file", etc field.
If it's an exe, then double-click and run it. Now follow the steps I mentioned for "a game you made".

To burn to disc:
Locate what you want to burn. Now open another Explorer window and drag 'n drop the file onto your CD or DVD drive. Then follow the Windows instructions. Make sure you have a blank disc in the drive.

Vote for me ye scurvy dogs and I'll give ye free cookies.
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 7th Jun 2014 13:41
Could this be a side effect of some AV software like Norton Sonar which can silently remove exe files it doesn't recognize behind your back?