Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Install Issues - Missing d3drm.dll

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,
Just purchased Dark Basic and got an issue when starting the program. The error says, "The program can't start because d3drm.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Then, when checking for a solution online: I get, "Contact Microsoft Corporation for support. Your version of Microsoft Deprecated DLL Components isn't compatible with this version of Windows."

What is going on with the install? I'm installing on my hard drive (D and not on my C: drive (SSD disk).

Thank you for any help.
Chris

Crowley, TX
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2014 12:14
The DLL is part of DirectX 7.0. Perhaps try changing the compatibility mode of DB (right-click->properties) to something lower than Win7?

If that doesn't work you'll need to download and install the DirectX 7.0 SDK.

If that fails, then just google the DLL file, download it, and place it in system32

29 games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2014 20:55
Hi Chris,

I've put the d3drm.dll in the download to this post.

Like theComet said, Just place it in c:\windows\system32 folder, and you should be fine. Or I should say, this works with Windows 7, I don't know about Windows 8.

If you want to share you games with other people, include the dll with the game and tell people what to do in a readme file.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2014 01:34
You can also place the DLL in the same folder as your program, but then you'd have to do that for every project.

HomerS
Years of Service
User Offline
just use the upgrade of dbc.

It contains the DLL.

http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=view_product&id=2030&page=upgrades

Greetings!

Toedeledoki

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 23:55:50
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 23:55:50