Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Memento Mori - 2014 Indie Game maker Contest

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2014 15:16
Good afternoon,
I'd like to announce my entry to the 2014 Indie Game Maker Contest. We did an Amnesia style survival puzzle horror using Unity. It's called Memento Mori.
http://contest.rpgmakerweb.com/game/view/id/625#.U7J85fmSx8F

So please play our game and vote for us, like us and share us if you think it's fair. Thank you so much for you help.

Take care
AtomR
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 2nd Jul 2014 16:02 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2014 16:07
For those of us too busy [lazy] including myself...

http://contest.rpgmakerweb.com/game/view/id/625#.U7J85fmSx8F

Shall take a look!

EDIT

+Love the choice name!

+Looks good! very retro early 2000's styling!

-Skybox is probably the only thing I feel is not fitting... maybe try a slightly lower contrast version...

Shame I cannot vote however, but good luck!

RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2014 02:29 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2014 02:30
Quote: "+Love the choice name!"

Really? I bet there's already atleast one game out there with that name... and the first thing it makes me think of is "Aver caesar, morituri te salutant." which is basically the only thing I remember from latin classes x)
(Also made me think of the movie Memento)
But yeah I guess it's okay. Names are just names, what's inside is what counts. Or something. That's just my excuse to stick with my silly nickname that I picked 8 years ago. :3

The screenshots look interesting enough, I might take a look at it if I find some time. Which will not happen, because lots'a exams at the moment.
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2014 18:21
Quote: "Really? I bet there's already atleast one game out there with that name... and the first thing it makes me think of is "Aver caesar, morituri te salutant." which is basically the only thing I remember from latin classes x)
(Also made me think of the movie Memento)"

Pretty much my reason for liking it

AtomR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2014 13:25 Edited at: 4th Jul 2014 13:39
Updated version with game breaking bugs fixed.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/idbr9ozsocn7w8z/MementoMori.zip

Playthrough video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVlrpoEEWg8

Regarding the name, there is indeed another game with that name but I'm not breaking any competition rules for using the same name.
Memento Mori is what is usually called the victorian era post-mortem pictures that people used to take of their beloved ones as the last time they would see them. I find the concept very creepy and thought it was a good fit with the game.

Take care
AtomR
AtomR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2014 13:46
Quote: "-Skybox is probably the only thing I feel is not fitting... maybe try a slightly lower contrast version..."

Which skybox is that? The night time one?

Take care
AtomR
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2014 14:27
Have only seen the one so yeah...

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2014 18:59
I noticed a couple of things that would be worth ironing out if you get a chance:
1-The shed is floating above the ground and has grass coming through the floor
2-The pictures in the house are repeated a lot. It would be better if each picture was unique
3-The wood texture you are using for the floor should be smaller in scale as that type of floor would be repeated much more over such an area and it should not be used for the ceiling as well. I would get a new texture for that
4-The eye height seems very low. When standing in front of the door my eye height only seems to be just above the door handle. That would put me between about 4 and 6 years old (or a midget). Seems odd

Other than that the atmosphere is quite good and I am looking forward to playing it through fully at some point.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-14 19:18:50
Your offset time is: 2024-05-14 19:18:50