Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / testing android and ios devices, can tablets test mobiles?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2014 16:15 Edited at: 4th Jul 2014 16:21
I need to test games, If I buy tablets, can they also download and test mobile devices, is there a way for it to run the smaller screen aspect ratio etc, and download and run games made for mobiles.
Can they can run different screen sizes of mobiles which would be great for test purposes?

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2014 16:38
AGK scales everything anyway, so if your game works on an iPad for example, it'll probably work on anything iOS - iPad2 era is kinda dying out, but seriously, don't go buying iPods and iPhones and everything - trying to support all those would be a financial nightmare... they change so vastly and so subtly at the same time, let AppGameKit worry about the compatibility.

I am the one who knocks...
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2014 16:57
Android and IOS both have simulators that allow you to test things.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2014 20:11 Edited at: 4th Jul 2014 20:19
I have agk, but its not for agk testing. You cant test a game downloaded from the store in the simulator. Android simulator works like sludge, you need an actual device, as otherwise the speed is WAY too slow to be useable.

You are right about ios devices dying out, my ipod touch will not work on new games, because they use ios6+ my ipod touch only goes up to ios 5, so thats that device finished. Same goes for my mac, cant run the new xcode, I think its sdk5+, so that makes problems, its just a racket with these companies. Its called 'planned obsolescence' for maximium profits.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2014 20:34
the question has not been answered yet, can I use a tablet and play all the mobile games on android.?
The other question is, can I change the aspect ratio, so I can see how it will look on other devices?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 00:52:37
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 00:52:37