Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Free lo-poly zombie model, textured & animated

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2014 01:56 Edited at: 9th Jul 2014 03:09

The textures are sized 2048x2048, resize as needed.

<Please only use with TGC products.>

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2014 21:50
Hey, not bad!
What are all the animations frames for this model?

What program did you do the rigging in?

666GO†O666
wattywatts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2014 05:25
1-10 walking
20-30 attacking
40-55 falling down dead

I rigged and animated it in fragmotion, forgot I left 10 frame gaps actually.
Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2014 19:56
Quote: "I rigged and animated it in fragmotion"

Cool! I've never used it.
Does Fragmotion's Direct X exporting work better than Blender's? As in no additional plugins or effort required?

666GO†O666
wattywatts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2014 15:23
I haven't used Blender to export .x before, but with Fragmotion I just have to export like I would any other file type, there's nothing extra required.
Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2014 22:34 Edited at: 14th Oct 2014 22:36
Well I've been skimming over Fragmotion tutorials today, but I'm not quite ready to dive in the pool just yet.

I'm basically new to rigging & animating, and so I'm not completely familiar with all the concepts involved. (I've been putting way more time into programming than modeling.)

I'd like to post some random questions about Fragmotion and animating in general... hopefully you (or someone) will feel inclined to share.

My first question is, What the heck is "vertex weight" and how does it affect the animation? I can't find a layman's answer for this. All the stuff I read is too convoluted, I just need simple answers.

I swear, if I become proficient at Fragmotion I'll write a much cleaner tutorial than the junk they have on their website!

Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2014 07:04 Edited at: 15th Oct 2014 07:05
Quote: "What the heck is "vertex weight" and how does it affect the animation? "

Basically, in bone based animation, each vertex is assigned a bone which will control the vertex as the bone moves. the 'weight' value assigned to that vertex for that bone is how strongly the bone's position, rotation, and scale will affect the position, rotation, and scale of the vertex.

each vertex can be assigned multiple bones, but the total weight for all bones on any given vertex should normalize to 1.0

a simple example: lets say you have an arm. it has 2 bones: upper arm and lower arm. vertices in the middle of the upper arm will be assigned fully and solely to the upper arm bone, at a weight of 1.0

when the lower arm moves, the lower arm bone has no effect on these vertices. but now you get to the elbow, it is part way between the two bones, in order to get a smooth deformation, you will want to split the vertex weights between the bones say upper arm 0.5, lower arm 0.5 for vertices in the exact middle edge loop, then say 0.75 and 0.25 for the next loop out in either direction.

most animation software has tools for automatically weighting vertices based on proximity to bones, or by user defined groups and the like, though you will usually need to go in and do some touch up work on individual vertices to get the best results.

Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2014 17:19 Edited at: 15th Oct 2014 17:33
Ok, I think I'm starting to understand;

Because parts of the mesh will be influenced by more than one bone, we must not allow a single bone to control the mesh so much that it no longer conforms to the other bones, which will create an unnatural look. Therefore, we weaken the influence ("weight") of the bones, balancing out the total weight to always equal 1.0, which is total influence.

Something like that?

wattywatts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2014 19:32
Personally I just use the automatic tools 90% of the time, like Ortu said, then you can just select stray vertices and assign them to a bone.
I bought Fragmotion when it was $15, I'd personally not pay the $50 they're asking now, just use the free trial until they have a sale.
Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2014 20:52
Quote: "I bought Fragmotion when it was $15, I'd personally not pay the $50 they're asking now, just use the free trial until they have a sale."

Yeah, I noticed that if you type in the Bible passage code you get 7 days of the fully unlocked version, then you can just type it in again after 7 days.

I think 60 seconds of typing for a "free" app will do just fine!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 00:43:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 00:43:09