Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Check this out!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2014 05:38
Hello, I recently managed to get my friend a song recorded. He is 17 years old and learned the guitar himself and has no vocal lessons. I was wondering if you could visit his soundcloud and listen to his song and leave some feedback there and here. Its an acoustic song.

https://soundcloud.com/devanperril/the-only-thing

Thanks!
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 11th Jul 2014 06:41 Edited at: 11th Jul 2014 06:46
Deleted my SC account, service is pafetic <-- no literally this method to spell it too...

Unsure if intro crackle was intentional, low grade mic?

Guitar work is pretty neat! I could listen to this a few times a week, would sound brilliant if on the radio when in the car really... that is saying something!

Does this still work?

EDIT, Have the soundcloud tags been removed? /EDIT

The echoes are a bit too prominent in my opinion... but ambience is almost spot on!

MAKE IT LONGER!!!

[Silently shares it to FB...]

EDIT

Played it about 5 times now >.<

Another reason I feel annoyed with SC, play counts go backwards...

NIlooc223
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2014 08:25
Thanks! I appreciate and he appreciates the feedback! It was in a mini studio that a friend of mine had that allowed us to use so its not superb quality. Thank you for sharing it on your facebook!!
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2014 21:04
Only part I wasn't a fan of was the abrupt stop in guitar just as he starts to sing. How long has he been playing? Cause that's pretty nifty guitar riffs.

Oh, just read its a cover?

NIlooc223
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2014 22:15
Quote: "Only part I wasn't a fan of was the abrupt stop in guitar just as he starts to sing. How long has he been playing? Cause that's pretty nifty guitar riffs.

Oh, just read its a cover?"

Hes been playing the guitar since he was a little kid and its not a cover its a mashup. 1st half of the song is written by him. The only cover part is "It starts in my toes and makes me crinkle my nose"
swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2014 22:36 Edited at: 11th Jul 2014 22:39
Quote: "Oh, just read its a cover?"

The cover starts at ~1 min in.

Despite my usual skepticism when someone claims to have found a great musician (especially with no training) I decided to give it a shot. Wow this guy really is great. It's a little difficult to judge his vocal abilities with all that echo though. Throw a towel over the mic or something It may not be professional but any way to reduce all of that distortion would help! His voice may be a bit thin, not quite sure, but the guitar part was top notch

NIlooc223
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2014 23:48
I agree that the echo is a bit to vibrant but I am unsure how to fix that myself. But he sounds just like that or better singing in person he is truly talented. He is very good with the guitar.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2014 02:36
The kid has talent, his playing was pretty fluid.

NIlooc223
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2014 07:05
Thank you all for the support and feedback!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:10:52
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:10:52