Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Artificial Sunrise Kickstarter

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2014 16:17 Edited at: 14th Jul 2014 16:17
Just asking for 60 seconds to check out this Kickstarter and spread the word if you believe it's got the potential to succeed.

This is my son, daughter, band and their first EP. It's being professionally recorded and hopefully the next step towards something bigger. The song in the clip has been produced/edited by a nineties lead-singer in a UK band who got to number 3 in the UK charts (sorry, can't reveal names).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/920361566/declan-vink-artificial-sunrise-debut-ep

Attachments

Login to view attachments
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2014 01:25 Edited at: 19th Jul 2014 01:33
First impression 'Prefab Sprout' rocked up, the mix seems a little harsh for the style, could be mellowed a bit, but it's still pretty awesome. Reckon they could do well on the college/student indie gig market.

Tour,tour,tour. You won't be seeing them much for a few years as I think they got the potential for sure.
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2014 15:03
Backed

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2014 16:23
@Rolfy, thanks for the feedback. I'm hoping they do well enough to keep me in my old age.

@Matty H, many thanks for your support

wattywatts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2014 04:13
I don't have any money to donate sadly, but as a graphic artist and hobbyist audio engineer, should you need any help down the road I'd be happy to pitch in, I think it's great they're trying to do something like this.
Brings back memories of my own band after high school.
swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
I'd like to hear a bit more before investing, but I've found I just keep coming back to this thread. I'm conflicted I'd love to support something like this but my inner skeptic tells me there isn't enough to go off of. I think others may have the same feeling. Regardless, I'll share this with a few others and we'll see

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2014 23:22
Quote: "as a graphic artist and hobbyist audio engineer, should you need any help down the road I'd be happy to pitch in"

Appreciated, I'll let you know if they need anything!

Quote: "I'll share this with a few others and we'll see"

Thanks

Quote: "I'd like to hear a bit more before investing"

These are from last Summer, showing they can do it live too! The girl in the background isn't in the band, Siobhan is hidden behind the speaker stack. These are vocals, guitar and the Violin was badly amplified by the sound crew. These songs are now performed with Bass Guitar and Drums too, like the 30 second preview.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 11:10:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 11:10:49