Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Looking for mobile app store web template - Know of any?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2014 23:42
looking for a template for a mobile app store, to be viewed by mobile apps, so must be reponsive/adaptive for different devices.

I need to display lists of the apps. A search box, an ability to rank the games by date, popularity, alphabetically. etc. User would have the ability to click on apps in the list and then have it open at the app, see full text and screenshots, then be able to click download and be taken to the app store. Would be nice to have save favourites. Might also be nice if I could track views and downloads, but not too fussy with that.

Can anyone recommend a template like this, surly there must be templates like this for sale someplace, having your own store front is a must for mobile developer. I had mind on an ordinary web site I designed, but its not responsive, and does have the features above. I want something that mobile devices can use and search/find apps.

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2014 00:28
You want to make your own mobile app store? Back-end or just front-end template?

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2014 11:27
Whats the difference between the two?

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2014 11:57
Are you sure this is what you want to do?

I can imagine Google disallowing apps which contain their own app store, and I can guarantee Apple would reject it.

Just seems like overkill, and I can't agree with the statement ''having your own store front is a must for mobile developer'' - because there is absolutely no need for developers to have their own individual store fronts... that's what the Apple and Google app stores are for! - having your own app store would probably just cause more problems that it would solve. Do people even trust custom app stores?

For selling your own apps, I think sticking with the prescribed stores is best.

I am the one who knocks...
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2014 14:38
And yet developers put buttons on there menus, get more games, and these open into lists of new games to play, is this not 'exactly' the same thing as I have just said.

A store can be anything where products are advertised, and a means to get them, a bricks and mortar store, to a glossy add, to a written list on a sheet of papper, 'all' are the same thing. A means to get desired items.

my games in the 'list/presentaion/ store, because thats what a store is, a presentation of products one can take away, are all free. I have customers in my app, if they want more of my 'free' games, then why would I not provide them with a way to see them.

You can already get paid for having such things in apps as advertising for other peoples games.

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2014 18:01
Quote: " Back-end or just front-end template?"

Front-end would be the look and feel of the site, what the customer sees. The back-end would be stuff like the database.

Listing your other games from within another app could be as simple as just linking them to your other app in the store.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2014 23:08 Edited at: 16th Jul 2014 23:09
That might be the better option.

From a customer perspective, I would find it irritating to have to resort to multiple store apps, I would prefer to go to one place and get what I need. Hence Google Play works well for me. Likewise, Steam, it's why I get frustrated by buying games on Steam that have me go via Origin or Uplay.

I suppose having a section called "More Games" or "More Apps" in the app/game would pique my interest if I liked what I saw and wanted to see what else you do. I actually do this on my Nexus 10 with apps, if it doesn't exist, I will find the developer on the Google Play store.

Particularly as an Android user, there's a lot of crap on the Google play store, having a means of filtering it is useful. But ultimately, the Google Play store works for me if I want to get the apps. It all ties to my account and I have one place to go and I only need my Google Play store account and if I had to pay, my debit card is only tied to that 1 account.

At least this is my two pence, I don't wish to speak for other Android users.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2014 11:47
Exactly as Seppuka says. I want to put together all my stuff, I have a unique service in my new game catalogue, the customer will want to play other games with this service, so putting them together so the can 'easily' access them is the right thing to do.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2014 19:09
I would suggest Joomla with the Shape 5 Vertex template.

It allows you to create one responsive site for desktop and mobile, with the ability to finetune the mobile view using parameters in the config screens.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 06:13:03
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 06:13:03