Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Hurt script help, please !

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, Hello

I introduce myself, my name is Zeal. I am currently developing a survival horror game and I need your help with a particular script. You may have noticed, FPS Creator is not very realistic about the damage done to the character. Here you take a punch, you normally go back, well that FPS does not.

What love at my request, as follows: Is one of you kind enough to make a script by moving the HUD whenever the character takes damage?

Thank you for reading is I hope to have your answers as soon as possible!
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is my answer:

Do it yourself! We are not allowed to requests here, so come back if you did something...

Games make the world better
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2014 01:37
Quote: "Is one of you kind enough to make a script by moving the HUD whenever the character takes damage?"

Which HUD are you referring to? I had assumed the health/weapon/ammo hud(s). If so, I'm afraid that it is not an easy task of "creating a script" for those not knowing how the huds, engine, and scripts work. Let me explain.

The ammo/weapon/health HUD(s) are coded in the "setuplevel.fpi" script and therefore get loaded as the level loads. In order to "move" these hud(s), you would need to take their reference out of the "setuplevel.fpi" and put them in a dynamic script (dynamic refers to an item placed and set as dynamic, which allows "interaction"). You would have to first specify the hud(s), then be able to specify their "new" location, in which case you will need to ensure you are using a version that allows those commands in the script. Plus the fact you would also need to use "variable system" to extract ammo/health amount to properly display in that HUD.

The short of it is- it is not an "easy" thing to just drop a script. There are some concepts that have been done that are similar in design, but they required both extensive knowledge of scripting as well as how the engine works when loading and displaying images.

Of course, if you are referring to something completely different, then ignore my ramblings.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 12:58:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 12:58:58