Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Modling help needed

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2014 09:36 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2014 13:09
Greets....

After many frustrating hours of watching tutorial videos and what
seems like a gazillion pages of pdf manuals, I have been struck by an epiphany: I TOTALLY SUCK at modeling. Barely being artistically
inclined to begin with, it certainly doesn't help that I lack the patience needed to master 3d modling - though I have tried - and must face the truth that I will likely never be able to be as creative as the tons of wonderfully talented people that frequent these forums.

Here is my humble cry for help: I would like to request the aid of a
few pounds of those tons, if they would be so kind. It's a simple
request, really; I'm looking for domed and quonset-style rooftops that I can adapt to existing room/wall segments, maybe 2 or 3 of each of varying shape and size. I'm getting fairly good at manipulating Entity Workshop to fit things together and have a decent grasp of using .dds & .tga files to change textures as I need to; all I lack are the .x files to work with.

If there is anyone out there who could donate their much appreciated
time & talent to help out, I would certainly be very grateful. I really can't pay for the work, I just don't have the spare cash; but you would have the comfort of keeping me from going totally bananas!

Thanks to all...

No matter where you go, there you are.
Buckaroo Banzai
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2014 22:09 Edited at: 21st Jul 2014 22:11
HI RJsDad
I understand your frustration and we have all been there when
first starting off. Entity Workshop is great for making static entities. You just hitting a wall that I promise you'll get thru
if you don't quit...
Quote: "I'm looking for domed and quonset-style rooftops "

I'm not quite sure what these are? Maybe you could shed some
light?
Suggestion, maybe take an existing roof top and just retexture to suit your needs?
best

edit: o.k. just did a search. The Quonset-style roof is just a green house sytle...is that correct?

You know you're a bad gamer when you're able to run out of infinite lives.
RJsDad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2014 13:05
Quote: "o.k. just did a search. The Quonset-style roof is just a green house sytle...is that correct?"

Pretty close: think WWII Army or Navy - quonset huts were pre-fab units with wooden or corrugated metal walls with a domed roof or semi-circular units attached to wooden flooring. Example is attached. Re-texture isn't the issue, it's the model itself. Same with a dome type roof.

Know anybody who could help me out with this?

p.s. (unrelated) How far are you from Charlotte?

No matter where you go, there you are.
Buckaroo Banzai

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2014 15:51
Hi RJsDad
Sent you a PM.

I'm about 1.5 to 2 hours west from charlotte.

You know you're a bad gamer when you're able to run out of infinite lives.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 20:16:51
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 20:16:51