Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / a way to bypass objectives to run a bonus level then come back to finish level

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2014 11:59
OK here is the deal, trying to use nextlevel=5 to run a bonus level to upgrade players weapon.

it doesn't work. and I ran a test lvl and it did work. I think the issue is that this level has 6 objectives to complete and that is preventing the Bonus level from working. Any one have a workaround or a way to freeze the 6 objectives so the Bonus can run?
Many Thanks

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2014 19:41
I'd say that we need more information on that:

How many levels do you have currently that are part of this?

How big is that bonus level?

-Wolf

"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"
"absurdity has become necessity"
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2014 01:20
Two words... variable system.

You script the objectives to add a +1 value to a specified variable. You have a script that runs in a trigger (or attached to a dynamic entity (can be hidden)) to check the variable value. When it reaches a certain level, it can call the command "nextlevel=x". In that "bonus level", you script it so that it will return back to the previous level. You can also script it to carry any variables from the bonus level back to level 5.

It does work, as the "traversing levels" demo I did is a clear example of the system working. It involves a lot of scripting and ensuring the right script(s) is/are doing what they are suppose to without conflict.

I have something similar in design in a development (but it is in level 10 and the "bonus level" is level 11). In level 10, the player will collect items. If the value I've set is reached, the "bonus level" is loaded and they can play it. Upon return, I have variables that transfer back to level 10 and are applied for them to carry on.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2014 10:08
Thank you BlackFox. I actually used your Key variable example with other objects and it worked great as did the Traversing levels. I thought I was putting this game to BED, but alas after putting setup program for it together and playing it through I found some issues with game play that got my attention. SO i am adding a additional bonus level if they find it, I do leave many many hints this new one is a F9 bonus. Pressing F9 a huge bonus, in this game will give 20 hit-points. I was against a bonus like this until I tried it and it is hard to keep pressing any key and fight and move around. Although I find my best games are the ones I make and move on to another project and return 6 months later to it, and play the game. Then edit from there,. It gives a totally new perspective on that game.
I think I have the handle on the objectives thanks to you,

Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2014 10:22
Quote: "Wolf
I'd say that we need more information on that:

How many levels do you have currently that are part of this?

How big is that bonus level?"

Well.
This game is SONOMINE-M1
It is 15 levels with 4 and now 5 bonus levels. You don't need them to win the game but they make it a lot more enjoyable. The 4 existing Bonus levels are 4 to 7 levels themselves. And some interchange with other Bonus levels. Didn't really plan it that way but wouldn't you know that someone found this underground lake and at the bottom of the lake there is this rare ore, never seen before,,, And now it seems everyone wants a sample of it. The Scientific community. the Metallurgy community and the bandits and others.

I do have a 7 level free version of SONOMINE-M1,in stores now. No frills in this version.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 13:56:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 13:56:58