Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / [LOCKED] [Announcement] I'm making a duplicate (dummy) account

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2014 17:43
I'm busy as heck atm and I don't know who to speak to about this and don't have the time to find out so I'm just broadcasting it so multiple mods will pick it up (this thread can be locked obviously). I need to run some tests (which TGC staff may email me about with any queries) and, for security/privacy reasons, I don't want to use my real account. In other words: please don't ban me and, if possible, may I have the dummy account approved instantly?

For the record, I'm not up to anything malicious, nor am I pentesting, I just need a dummy account for now and, maybe in the future, both to test other things, too.

The account will use the mail address of my "public email" on my profile (the one users can click beneath each post).

Thanks,
Jason

Off-topic:
I just came to post this. Sorry to anyone who was expecting a reply from me about anything, I'll be on soon.

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything" -- Wise Man
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2014 19:29
Sounds legit.

Seditious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2014 19:51
Trying to hack the forums again eh?
swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
What's going on here?

Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2014 21:46
Quote: "In other words: please don't ban me and, if possible, may I have the dummy account approved instantly?"

I can't promise anything, and we're not going to approve any accounts instantly for such a vague description of what you're doing. You can contact TGC directly if you want some kind of special treatment, but you must follow the AUP guidelines. If you're caught with a dupe account we can exercise our right to slap or ban where necessary.

Senior Developer - CBS Interactive Music Group
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2014 21:46
Abusive/Unlawful Content

This thread breaks the rules set out in section 3.1 of the Acceptable Usage policy. Please refer to section 3.1 of the Acceptable Usage Policy for full details:

http://www.thegamecreators.com/?gf=aup#forum

AUP Section 3.17 ...Moderators shall, at their discretion, determine what constitutes a violation of these terms, along with generally accepted netiquette standards, and can take action against those who violate these rules.

If you contributed to the reason for locking, you may now find yourself on moderation, or in extreme cases a ban.

Senior Developer - CBS Interactive Music Group

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 21:07:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 21:07:57