Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / stuck in Elder Scrolls : Oblivion

Author
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 11th Aug 2014 19:30 Edited at: 11th Aug 2014 19:55
Hopefully someone here can help. Mrs Gandalf is stuck because where her character keeps losing life for no obvious reason. When this starts to happen her character dies fairly quickly. She doesn't know what is causing this to happen or how to stop it. This happens while she is running around solving quests, etc.

Can any Oblivion players cast light on this?

Edit Seems she may have become a vampire. I'll refrain from saying more.

Powered by Free Banners
PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2014 20:00
for starters you can temporarly toggle godmode (tgm in console) to try and figure this out. I never had a problem like this myself. Need more info on when this started at which location, maybe its a mod glitch? what mods is she running? Also it might be a cursed/poisoned piece of clothing worn by the charecter, Something in the inventory? Maybe it has something to do with a quest? Is she a vampire? (i cant remember if vampires in OB are damaged by sulight). you can test for the vampire thing by going inside somewhere and see if it continues happening. how fast is she loosing health? is it caused by obvios damage or something unexplainable, could be a disease.

Your signature has been erased by a mod
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2014 20:44
Being a vamp in Oblivion is damn tedious, best to sort that out with that cure mission.

I am the one who knocks...
wattywatts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2014 22:24
Was just gonna say.
I remember curing vampirism being much easier in oblivion than in skyrim though.
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 12th Aug 2014 01:06
Ugh, when I became a Vampire in that game, I stopped playing for a week because I was so mad....

Then I looked up the quest to cure it, and saw how tedious it was and just decided to load from a previous save (which was RIGHT before a giant quest that took me probably two hours to do...), and bypass it all together.

Now you have me really wanting to replay Oblivion though, time to dig it out I think...

Come check out my new website!
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2014 01:52
Yes, her character had become a vampire somehow. She's now busy trying to sort out that quest for the cure since she's got fed up with hiding from the sun.

Of course here in Cornwall the sun is busy hiding from us.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Powered by Free Banners
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2014 14:37
You can become a vampire an hour into the game almost lol. Once out of the opening area, just look for a sewer entrance around the city and you'll find a bunch of nasty vampires.

Though myself enjoyed the vampire life. I liked the dialogue that appeared after sleeping.

Sadly there's allot of vamps in ESO, but without the negative effects. It's even an achievement. After Skyrim I started to prefer being a werewolf, so I might go that route eventually with my character.

wattywatts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2014 16:26
Quote: "After Skyrim I started to prefer being a werewolf, so I might go that route eventually with my character."

I hated how you needed to re-equip all your gear though.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2014 17:42
Out of all of Oblivion, I think I liked the Dark Brotherhood missions best, that little story that unfolds, how you get Shadowmere, heck they could have based a whole game around that.

In Skyrim, I just thought what they did was a continuation of that - almost like the first time round someone really got into it and put in a lot of thought - then in Skyrim your doing mostly the same thing with the brotherhood, to me it's like they regurgitated it, when it should have been as cool as in Oblivion. I think the thieves guild missions in Skyrim are much better at least.

My all time favorite thing to do in Oblivion is to find that guy who drowned with the encumbering ring, and res him, and leave him there to swim aimlessly for eternity

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2014 18:19
Mrs Gandalf thinks this game brings out the worst in people.

Powered by Free Banners
wattywatts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2014 04:24 Edited at: 13th Aug 2014 04:26
Quote: "thieves guild missions in Skyrim"

Ah man that's the one quest set I didn't complete because it didn't interest me so much in Oblivion.
Quote: "Mrs Gandalf thinks this game brings out the worst in people."

She should play Morrowind if she hasn't, I once killed just about every npc in the game.
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2014 17:18
New Oblivion question.

How can Mrs GG find/create Grand Soul Gems?

Quote: "She should play Morrowind if she hasn't"

It's in the boxed set.

Powered by Free Banners
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2014 17:21
I usually go thieving in the Arcane university for soul gems and stuff, might need good lockpicking skills though to get at them. It's been a while but I'm sure you can get a few there, I think I needed them for the vamp cure quest.

wattywatts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2014 17:21
I always just stole them from mages guild's.
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2014 13:25
Thanks. Messages passed on.

Somewhat appropriately I've just been digging up garlic bulbs in the garden. Taking a welcome break now because of the rain.

Perhaps I should give some to Mrs GG?