Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / A certification problem updating a published app...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2014 10:59
Hi Guys,

I know this is my problem, and not one with AppGameKit or the Play store, but I'm not sure how best to proceed.

Basically I wrote an app a while back, which I have recently updated and compiled into an APK using the online tool provided by TGC, but apparently I've used a different keystore file for the new version and the store won't let me update it.

I'm pretty sure I have lost/deleted the original keystore file (although I don't remember ever using more than the one I'm using now) so I don't think I'm going to be able to just recompile using the correct keystore file.

I don't really want to just create a new App with the same name as that wouldn't allow existing users to update via the store.

Does anyone here have any suggestions as to how to sort this problem out?

Thanks in advance

=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2014 11:54
Hmm, the official word from Android...

http://developer.android.com/tools/publishing/app-signing.html

Quote: "Warning: Keep your keystore and private key in a safe and secure place, and ensure that you have secure backups of them. If you publish an app to Google Play and then lose the key with which you signed your app, you will not be able to publish any updates to your app, since you must always sign all versions of your app with the same key."

I guess I have no choice but to take the old app down and publish the new version as a new app

Lessons to be learned...

Thanks anyway

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2014 12:03
Yeah... this one stinks. We lost the key for the original dFenz and I wanted to update... had to make a whol new app and kill the old one effectively not being able to update for the 100+ current installs on the original version

As you say... "Lessons to be learned..."

I now save my keystores in a couple places. *sigh*

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 04:57:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 04:57:21