Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Help with Orbit Camera please?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello. I am new here as some of you may already know & I just started a few months ago in DarkBasic Pro. I must say, DarkBasic Pro really has come a long way. It's great to see it's still very popular!

Anyway, I have been working on orbit camera with "invisibility drag", meaning that when the camera rotates past X rotation = 0.0 then the object's negative zoom level becomes the object's positive transparency level. The more you rotate down with the mouse on the Y axis & drag, the more invisible the player becomes when the camera gets closer. This only happens up to a certain point of course.

Here is what I have:

I want to know why for some reason when you try to look up or down with the Orbit cam very slowly between -0.5 & 0.5 why the player disappears right in the middle of those sometimes. But when you rotate up or down after that, the player reappears like magic.

Thanks for help!

Sasuke

平和愛ユニティ
chafari
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2014 12:23
Hi there.

I made some test.
Change file 71

for this:

That seems to work

I'm not a grumpy grandpa
Sasuke18
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, Chafari! Thank You so kindly! That fix worked WONDERS! Now I'm having one small problem. When I try to hold down the left mouse button and then turn my object to the left or right, then after that I hold down the left & right mouse buttons at the same time, for some reason it won't slowly rotate the camera to always be behind the player. Note that the rotate should not snap, it should move smoothly. I also can't figure out why the camera is no longer "dragging" and "zooming in" when the player is rotating the camera on the X Axis, and the camera is rotated "on the ground".

Thank You to everyone for your help & kindness! I truly appreciate it!

Have a good evening everyone!

Sincerely,

Sasuke

平和愛ユニティ
Sasuke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2014 15:29
Quote: "Sincerely,

Sasuke"

When was I here aye

P.S. Sorry for jumping in