Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Just finished by website

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2014 12:20
Hey boys and girls. I've created a website for motivation. It also has cool workout and relaxing music. You'll find a free song here:

http://www.eazymind.com/music.html

Would really appreciate your thoughts and suggestions!

"4 out of 3 people have trouble with fractions."
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 8th Sep 2014 15:34
Seriously you use a PLAY Icon for Download? and even have a button saying Download?

Looks to me as though the site is hand crafted, you have alignment issues and also get some margin work done to the sides, all your text clings to the side of the window as do images...

The fact that you have <meta name=author content="Alaedin Ibrahim"> [It is written on your about page so I did not see any need to hide your name lol] set I guess you did do this by hand [or WYSIWYG] and not by use of say WordPress, but I could be wrong, not looked hard enough...

When a user clicks play it brings up an empty box and pushes an mp3 at me for download... are you trying to use a player than is too lazy to work? as I cannot see it... get rid of the popup!

The corner box at the top right needs to be err in the corner... is the clipping to page content intentional?

You have an inconsistency between the blog and site [Which is using WordPress] but I guess that is because the site and blog are two different systems... as I see tweet is a lovely fashion on the home page but then SN buttons on the blog...

The banner on the blog needs some integration work to match the website layout, feels broken than anything else, I think users might feel something is wrong with their browsers if they notice...

However, the scheme of colours is nice, layout is easy on the mind ^^ and it loads quick [Although naturally the blog does not as it is using WordPress, look into optimisation plugins which deal with caches to speed things up]

Although it is not a site for me, it does have some work to be done, but it is I feel well thought out..

GL!

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2014 16:03
The site is extremely generic, but not terrible.

- You need to make the JS for the floaty song information text clear the buffer so it doesn't loop repeatedly if you swipe your mouse over it a few times. That's easy to do though.

- The music player works for me and plays the MP3 rather than downloading it. I'm not sure if this is what you wanted, but for some reason the free song only gives me a preview 46 seconds in length. If it's free, why can't I listen to the whole thing in the browser?

- Nit-picky point: The song length should come before (i.e. be on the left side of) the song filesize. Most people couldn't care less about the filesize and just want to know about the song length.

- The blog text is a different font to the main site and as such feels somewhat disconnected.

- The purpose of the site is a bit vague.

Other than that it's not a bad site.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 8th Sep 2014 16:12
Ah yeah you have 8! services running on your site, I have third party stuff blocked, why not just use HTML5 playback? or add it to the top of the failsafe...

Seditious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2014 16:45
It's a nice simple, clean website. Unfortunately the grid of images immediately makes it look like you've stumbled upon an ad site.
D I G I T A L
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2014 21:36
Thank you so much gentlemen. Learned a lot. Will work on it. I'd welcome any further suggestions if there's any. Appreciate your comments.

"4 out of 3 people have trouble with fractions."
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2014 23:57
Initial glance at the site, I have no idea what it is or what the site is about. At first I actually thought I just went to a parked domain/generic ad page not even realizing it was an actual site.

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2014 04:04
Quote: "Unfortunately the grid of images immediately makes it look like you've stumbled upon an ad site."

Quote: "At first I actually thought I just went to a parked domain/generic ad page not even realizing it was an actual site."

Agree with both of those. That's what I meant by "extremely generic".

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2014 07:21 Edited at: 10th Sep 2014 07:21
Ah, forgot to ask - would you like me to correct the name of this thread from "Just finished by website" to "Just finished my website"? The way it is now, it sounds like you've got a cold

mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2014 22:54
Quote: "would you like me to correct the name of this thread"

Actually I was finished by this site too Shop is deadly. Mary Morrissey’s “Dream Builder” Tool Kit FREE (wrench included)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 02:21:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 02:21:08